Just moved to Portugal? Make sure you’ve ticked off the following tasks to settle into your life in Portugal.
Make sure your residency is sorted
Open a bank account
Do your research
- Should you rent or buy a home — and where? Research well.
- Decide on local or international education for your children.
- Enroll your children in a day-care centre or hire an au pair.
Sort out your utilities
Find a job
- Job searchers should sign on with specialist agencies or start their search online.
Learn the language
- Enroll in a language school or a municipal course to learn Portuguese.
- Choose a health insurer. Know your basic medical terms in Portuguese. Know what numbers to call outside of surgery hours.
Start meeting people
- Get out there and start meeting people. Use the internet to network. Join Expatica Portugal’s online community!