Home Moving to the Netherlands Visas & Immigration Contacting the Dutch Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND)
Last update on June 09, 2021

The IND implements immigration policy in the Netherlands. This article provides contact information for IND centers in cities such as Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Den Bosh, and Rotterdam.

IND Contact info Guide: Whether you are applying to relocate to the Netherlands with your family, as a highly-skilled worker, student or being an au pair in the Netherlands, or are seeking asylum or Dutch citizenship, your application will be assessed by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (Immigratie en Naturalisatiedienst or IND).

The IND is the final decision maker on applications for residency permits, naturalization applications, and persons seeking asylum. If you are unsure of the type of permit you require based on your individual situation, you can find out here.

The IND makes its decisions based on analysis of the application. It also oversees all admissions procedures and guards against their misuse.

Contacting the IND in person

The IND has eight locations in the Netherlands where you can enquire about residence in the Netherlands, submit an application for a residency permit, get a stamp or return visa on your passport or pick up your residency visa. These are only possible by appointment.

IND Locations

To make an appointment, you must call 088 0430 430 between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.

When visiting the IND, you must bring either a valid passport or an ID card of a member state of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA – EU plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland, as well your residence permit if you hold one.

IND Contact Offices:

IND Amsterdam

Stadhouderskade 85
1073 AT Amsterdam
Open Monday to Friday: 9am–4pm

IND Eindhoven

Rijksverzamelgebouw Hooghuis
Keizersgracht 5
5611 GB Eindhoven
Open Monday to Friday: 9am–4pm

IND Den Bosch (‘s-Hertogenbosch)

De Magistraat
Magistratenlaan 222
5223 MA ‘s-Hertogenbosch
Open Monday to Friday: 9am–4pm

IND Hoofddorp

Mercuriusplein 1
2132 HA Hoofddorp
Open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 9am–4pm

IND Rotterdam

Conradstraat 28
3013 AP Rotterdam
Open Monday to Friday: 9am–4pm every day except Thursday; 9am–12pm on Thursday

IND Rijswijk

Sir Winston Churchillaan 293
228 DC Rijswijk
Open Monday to Friday: 9am–4pm

IND Utrecht

Bergstraat 58
3511 RS Utrecht
Open Monday to Friday: 9am–4pm

IND Zwolle

La Grande Vitesse
Zuiderzeelaan 43-51
8017 JW  Zwolle
Open Monday to Friday: 9am–4pm

Contacting the IND via email

You can address general questions to the IND via this email form. It is also possible to follow IND on Twitter at @IND_NL, for general news about the IND and its services.

How to register a complaint with the IND

If you have any complaints about your dealing with the IND, you can complete and submit this complaints form. All complaints are registered and monitored while processed.

Reporting to the IND should the terms of your visa change

If you currently hold a visa, it is vital that the information the IND receives about your immigration status is valid and up to date. Should the basis of your residence permit change, you must report this to the IND.

If you are unsure whether this applies to your situation, contact the IND Info Line.

Common questions for the IND

The Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) are well equipped for answering questions and providing information regarding application processes, the status of your application, supporting documents (such as biometric details), translation and legalization of documents, and where to send your application. Fear not, your question will have most likely been asked before and the answer will therefore not be hard to find. To contact the IND for answers to general questions visit their main website or via one of their regional offices.

If you need legal assistance related to immigration procedures in Netherlands, please consult our business listing section containing contacts of legal services and immigration consulting companies and specialists who can help you.