All American Music Festival: 12-13 June 2011
On the Whit weekend, the Luxembourg City Tourist Office organizes the annual "All American Music Festival" in the centre of Luxembourg. For two days, this open air music festival will plunge Luxembourg into the musical and culinary ambiance of the American Deep South.
On place Guillaume II, a big swinging music stage will host around 50 live musicians playing all American music, including jazz, Dixieland, New Orleans, swing, blues, country and gospel music. Every year up to 8.000 visitors attend the festival in a spirit of enthusiasm, communion and good mood.
The festival was launched for the first time in 2006 by the LCTO as a "New Orleans Meets Luxembourg" festival, and as a support project for New Orleans’ impoverished musicians after the devastating passage of hurricane Katharina. What started as a solidarity project quickly became a success story in Luxembourg’s thrilling festival scene.
In 2010, the festival opened itself to new, wider American music genres. As of 2011, the festival has been rebaptized an "All American Music Festival.
The entry to the festival is free.
Whit Sunday 12 June 2011, 11 am – 11 pm
Whit Monday 13 June 2011, 11 am – 6 pm
Place Guillaume II, Luxembourg City
In addition to "New Orleans Meets Luxembourg", the Luxembourg City Tourist Office organises some of the largest and most popular music festivals, open air concerts and events in the capital as part of a sustained cultural policy. It actively promotes Luxembourg city as a vibrant cultural destination, enhances its reputation on an international level and attracts every year thousands of enthusiastic visitors.
Other events organized by the Luxembourg City Tourist Office:
– Series of Lunchtime Concerts, October – March, www.lcto.lu
– Series of open air Public Concerts, May – September, www.lcto.lu
– Jazz and world music festival « Printemps Musical », March – May, www.printempsmusical.lu
– Campaign Summer in the City, 21.6. – 11.9.2011, www.summerinthecity.lu
– Open air classical concert Knuedler goes classic with the Orchestre Philharmonique du Luxembourg, Fête de la Musique, 21.6.2011, www.fetedelamusique.lu
– Open air world music festival MeYouZik, 2.7.2011, www.meyouzik.lu
– Open air rock music festival Rock um Knuedler, 3.7.2011, www.rockumknuedler.lu
– Open air festival Blues’n Jazzrallye, 16.7.2011, www.bluesjazzrallye.lu
– Open air street theatre festival Streeta(rt)nimation, 13.-14.8.2011, www.streetanimation.lu
– Music festival Live at Vauban, October – December, www.liveatvauban.lu
– Fundraising concerts