Basque town still reeling from ETA blast
18 December 2007
BILBAO – The Basque town of Sestao continued to recover Monday from the explosion of a bomb planted by ETA outside the local courthouse, which damaged the entrance to the tribunal and shattered the windows of nearby buildings.
Sestao town hall said around 20 people have so far sought compensation for damages caused by the bomb, which detonated at around 1am Sunday after police had cleared the area following a warning call in the name of ETA. Investigators said the device was made up of two or three kilos of explosives stuffed into a plastic bag.
The attack occurred two weeks after ETA members shot and killed two Spanish Civil Guard officers in southwestern France.
[Copyright EL PAÍS, SL./ ALBERTO URIONA 2007]
Subject: Spanish news