Baby dies in house fire
Published on 12/12/2003
12 December 2003
ALICANTE- An 18-month-old girl was killed Friday in a house fire but her mother escaped uninjured.
The blaze started in a town near Alicante, at about 9.30am.
Firefighters tried to save the girl but she died in the house. Her mother escaped wihtout any injuries.
The fire was thought to have started because of a short-circuit in a heater.
Sources from the Fire Service said it was not clear whether it was smoke or fumes which had killed the girl.
[Copyright EFE with Expatica]
Subject: Spanish news