Home News Lacoste drops rappers amid sexual assault accusations

Lacoste drops rappers amid sexual assault accusations

Published on September 18, 2020

French clothing brand Lacoste has ended its collaboration with rappers Moha La Squale and Romeo Elvis, the company said Friday after both men were accused of sexual assault.

Moha La Squale became the subject of a police investigation earlier this month on allegations of raping, threatening or forcibly confining several women.

The retailer had worked with the 25-year-old hip hop star since the release of his hugely popular debut album “Bendero” in 2018 but said in a statement sent to AFP that it had ended its relationship with him months before the allegations came to light.

Fellow rapper Romeo Elvis, 27, apologised in early September for “inappropriately” touching someone.

The public confession came after he was accused of sexual assault on social media.

A Lacoste spokesperson said the brand would not be renewing its contract with Elvis, without giving further details.

“We totally condemn all forms of violence, harassment and aggression,” the company’s statement said.