Expatica news

Cannes: infants found electrocuted in bath

CANNES, France, Feb 11 (AFP) – Three young children taking a bath together in an apartment in southern France were killed when a hair-dryer fell into the tub, electrocuting them, paramedics said Wednesday.

The lifeless bodies of the brother, sister and their cousin, aged 2, 3 and 5, were found by the mother when she went into the bathroom to see what had happened. The accident happened late Tuesday in the French Riviera city of Cannes.

According to paramedics, it appeared the children had been bathing alone and one of them had started playing with the hair-dryer. The device fell into the water, which conducted an electric shock of 220 volts.

The mother was taken to hospital suffering emotional trauma.


                                                              Subject: France news