6 August 2004
BRUSSELS – Two men aged 44 and 54 have died after being poisoned by gases from a septic tank, it was reported on Friday.
The men were on Thursday trying to clean out the container, which was near to the city of Mons.
According to the initial investigation, Guiseppe Nicitra was overcome by fumes when he went into the tank and fell into the septic liquid.
His friend Adolpho Faco tried to help him but was also poisoned by the gases.
Firemen found the two victims when they arrived on the scene a few minutes later.
[Copyright Expatica 2004]
Subject: Belgian news