Swiss woman wounded in Morocco blast dies: authorities
A Swiss woman wounded in a bomb attack in the Moroccan city of Marrakesh has died after being evacuated to a hospital in Switzerland last week, authorities said on Friday.
Swiss President and Foreign Minister Micheline Calmy Rey announced in Bern that the 25-year-old woman, who came the from the southern canton of Ticino, had died from her injuries at a hospital in Zurich where she was being treated.
Calmy-Rey said she had learned "this morning with great sadness and sorrow of the death of one of the two Swiss citizens who were injured following the bombing on April 28 in Marrakesh."
Two of the dead in the bomb explosion, a Swiss man and a Portuguese national who lived in Switzerland, were laid to rest at funeral services in Ticino on Thursday and Friday.
The other injured Swiss woman, who was also evacuated on a medical flight last week, was in a serious condition, Swiss news agency ATS reported.
All four were holidaying together in Marrakesh, Swiss media reported.
Sixteen other people were killed and 21 were injured when the explosion ripped through a cafe in Djemaa El-Fna Square, the tourist heart of the city of Marrakesh on April 28, Moroccan authorities said.