Visit our country sites
- Tax advantages for expat house buyers
- Property in the Netherlands
- Life on a Dutch Barge
- A Guide to Mortgages in Belgium
- Top five problems faced by renters in France
- How to find a good property agent in France
- Buying a house in France
- An expat view of housing in Europe
- Renting a home in Berlin
- How to rent and buy a house in Switzerland
- How to rent an apartment in Switzerland
- Short- or long-term rentals in Spain?
- Buying a house in Spain
- Where to live in Barcelona
- Renting accommodation in London
- Buying a home in the UK
- Where to live in Luxembourg
- How to prepare your house for sale
- Editor’s guide to renting in Portugal
- Where to live in Portugal
'Should I rent or buy a home? ' is one of the most common question expats ask upon arriving in their new home. The answer depends on several factors, including how long you plan to stay in your new country of residence, the current property market and the cost of an expat mortgage.
International mortgagesIn Expatica’s article ‘Property in the Netherlands’, an expert in international mortgages states: “One of the major effects of the credit crunch in...
Buying - Essential Articles
Henk Jansen explains the pros and cons for expats interested in investing in buy-to-let property in the Netherlands. [Contributed by Expat Mortgages]
08/10/2013 Buying a property in Belgium
Belgium's house prices are relatively low compared to neighbouring countries, but high transaction costs can offset short-term benefits. Here's a guide to buying a house or apartment in Belgium.