Yard Sales Assistant
Joining our friendly and hard working family as an Yard Sales Assistant, you’ll be on the front line dealing with our customers that come into our yard. As part of the branch team, you will play a vital role in our continued success, providing a first class service.
Before applying for this role, please read the following information about this opportunity found below.
What will I be doing?No one day is the same as the next in TP branch life, but here are a few pointers:
• Our success is built on strong relationships with our customers so its essential that you can help deliver the highest standards of service – the key thing is to be helpful and friendly at all times, you will likely get to know our customers on a first name basis.
• You will be based outside, processing our customer orders, loading and unloading customer and company vehicles.
• You will also unload our building products from supplier deliveries and accurately book them in the branch warehouse.
• Experience of using a forklift is ideal, but don’t worry full training is provided
• Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, your aim will be to ensure that our standards never slip, this means maintaining a tidy and safe working environment
What skills do you need?
This is a key customer facing role, you just need the ability to provide great customer service, we can teach you the rest.
Does this sound like you?We hope you can say Yes to all of the characteristics below – they are in the DNA of all our fantastic Yard Sales Assistants. Are you:
• Someone that is physically active, as this role is located outside, it will involve lifting heavy building materials
• Someone that has a friendly and outgoing personality who is happy to communicate face to face with customers and build strong relationships
• Someone that is adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
• Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Being a Yard Sales Assistant in TP gives you a fantastic opportunity to excel and to continue to develop your career, if you choose. As a new colleague you will be encouraged to enroll onto a TP development scheme – which are available to colleagues and managers at all levels of our business. How will you know you are doing a great job and developing your career? Simple. We will support you with a development plan, that embraces our values. Youll also receive £Competitive pay + Benefits (which includes a half yearly colleague bonus, contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance, sharesave scheme, group wide colleague discounts across the Travis Perkins Group (including Wickes and Toolstation). Plus we have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from airport parking to theme parks to eating out and cinemas. Our working hours also offer a great work life balance – most of our customers choose to enjoy their weekends and bank holidays which means you can too!
You may not know much about Travis Perkins, but if you look a bit closer you might be surprised, despite our size, we have the values of a family run business and the mindset and ambition of a forward thinking Company. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work that’s why we have been voted one of the UKs Top Employers every year since 2010. We offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across our 20+ leading businesses. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.