Warehouse Team Leader
What’s the role?
Find out more about this role by reading the information below, then apply to be considered
- Shift: Rotating days & nights 4 on 4 off
We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Team Leader to join our busy Heywood warehouse operation. The Warehouse Team leader will be tasked to effectively manage the day to day running of the operation ensuring service levels are met with cost efficiency, whilst achieving all other targets.
What will I be responsible for?
- Organise and control resource planning
- Monitor customer volumes and ensure resource plans are in place to achieve pre-set KPIs
- Ensure all colleagues adhere to site rules and procedures, ensuring PPE is always worn including shunt drivers and HGV drivers and contractors
- Motivate and engage with colleagues during the shift to ensure productivity and performance levels are achieved
- Day to day management of the team, including holidays, payroll queries, absence and performance management
- Advise the First Line Manager of any customer, team or site issues in a timely manner
- Monitor the CCTV from the mill to be aware of any issues and communicate with either the Mill Canopy Team Leader, FLM or others as required to resolve
- Report any accidents, incidents and near misses, assisting in investigations as required
- Monitoring any unexpected stock shortages, alerting FLM / Stock control if there are any concerns
- Logging driver arrival times, allocating bays and instructing HGV drivers on the site
What experience will I have?
- Full RTITB FLT licence
- 3 years previous experience working at Team / Shift Leader in a warehousing environment
- Good all round knowledge of warehousing and logistics and warehouse management systems
- Good communication skills
Due to the nature of the role we are looking for an experienced leader of people who is dependable, adaptable with strong business acumen. The successful candidate should have the ability to work on their own initiative and the willingness to resolve issues in line with company procedures and be having the ability to mobilise their team.
You must be able to plan, prioritise and organise your own workload and work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines. You should be confident and be able to report on, produce and forecast and communicate KPI’s effectively to key stake holders and customers both laterally and ascending.