Adecco, the sole supplier of vacancies at Amazon Newport is now hiring for roles based at Amazon.
Read on to find out what you will need to succeed in this position, including skills, qualifications, and experience.
Health and safety are a top priority with all of Amazon’s roles and sites. Amazon continues to consult with medical and health experts, and take all recommended precautions in buildings and stores to keep people healthy. Amazon has taken measures to promote social distancing in the workplace and taken on enhanced and frequent cleaning, to name just a few.
As a warehouse operative, you may be asked to work in various areas of Amazon’s Delivery Stations and Sort Centres, the main departments being Inbound and Outbound.
Your tasks may include
- receiving & sorting parcels into relevant post codes
- staging, feeding the lines, & resorting missorts
- handling the full range of products sold by Amazon and its Marketplace sellers in the UK, including but not limited to: age restricted products, food (including nuts and meat) and alcohol and chemicals
- following Amazon’s internal processes and procedures, including using radio frequency (RF) scanners and reading instructions from the scanners
You will be required to adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards and consistently achieve the Minimum Acceptable Performance Standard (MAPS) set for your department.
The role involves the following physical requirements on a daily basis
- Standing and/or walking for long periods of between 4 and 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts upto 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Lifting and moving products up to 23kg in weight
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 4 to 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts upto 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Pushing and pulling product up to 23kg in weight for between 4 and 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts upto 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
- Working on a secure mezzanine at a height of between 9 to 12 meters (equivalent to a 3 or 4 storey building)
- Regularly climbing and descending four flights of stairs safely
Apply today, start tomorrow.