Job Title: Insight Manager/User Research
If your skills, experience, and qualifications match those in this job overview, do not delay your application.
Salary: £37,569 to £45,189 plus an allowance of £1,639. You will receive £37,569 the band minimum. Progress to the band maximum of £45,189 will be via incremental progression
Location: Victoria Embankment/Working From Home
Help shape the future of policing
To give the UK nationally consistent, locally branded services, we’re innovating online. The Single Online Home (SOH) is a digital police station and one of the biggest changes to policing in recent times. As Insight Manager/User Research, you’ll be at the heart of our work, finding out what people want and need so we can create the best possible platform and services. With your help, we can make the online experience as helpful, personal and reassuring as approaching an officer on the street.
Your main task will be to design and conduct user research that gives teams a deep understanding of the people that use policing services. Working within the National Content team, you’ll help us identify target areas where we can improve the user experience. It means identifying the best research methods, based on goals and resources, and managing all aspects of research, including planning, moderation, analysis and reporting. You’ll then turn data into findings that inform key decisions.
Experience in a similar role is essential, together with excellent teamwork and people skills. You should know how to conduct focus groups, and create and publish reports for senior managers and SMEs. You’ll also have good technical knowledge: web technologies, HTML/CSS, content management systems and web design principles. And crucially, you’ll understand how such technologies are used to build and operate digital services.
In return, we can offer a key role that comes with wide-ranging rewards and benefits. Help us take UK policing digital. Join us at the Met.
Please click on the below link to view an online candidate information pack that will you give you an insight into the Met, the competency framework we use which shapes our daily work behaviours, the application process and a host of other information, that will help inform and support your application:
To apply, please visit our website. Applications will be via a detailed CV and online application form.
Completed applications must be submitted by 18th June 2021.
Please note that applicants who are members of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to apply for settled or pre-settled status. If this is relevant to you and you have not yet applied to the EUSS, please take the time to do so before the deadline on 30th June 2021 at www.gov.uk/eusettlementscheme
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, the Met have committed to ensuring that disabled people and those with long-term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
Essential For The Role, e.g. qualifications, licenses, languages, training
- Knowledge of how technologies are used to build and operate digital services
- Good understanding of qualitative analysis techniques and their value in understanding website usage
- Knowledge of different technical roles with the team
- Strong understanding of customer experience and behavior on digital platforms
- Knowledge of web technologies , including HTML/CSS , content management systems , search and principle of web design
- Strong understanding of website analytics tools in particular Google Analytics
- Understanding of the context within which SOH operates – including an appreciation of budgeting and financial constraints and processes
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and industry best practice, and ability to
- proactively keep abreast of these
- Understanding of user testing techniques e.g not asking leading questions, awareness of demographics and how to write a ‘script’ that is neutral and elicits natural answers
- Able to turn research data into clear findings that inform decisions. Involve colleagues in your findings and increase consensus and challenge assumptions
- Create clear and fact based stories to describe digital marketing performance : what works, what doesn’t and what needs to change
- Strong research, analysis and reporting skills, including experience of designing, interpreting and drawing out key conclusions from research and usability studies
- Understand and have experience of a range of user and research methods. Know how to apply methods correctly
- Up to speed on emerging digital trends and culture
- Excellent relationship management and team working skills
- Creativity, flexibility and openness to challenge
- Able to identify, test and implement process improvements to enable the best customer experience
- Able to provide detailed recommendations for senior management decisions based on data driven learning and bespoke insights
- Able to write a brief with a clear outcome
- Able to interrogate a brief (for when stakeholders or an agency submit something for our approval)
Requirements / Experience
- Experience of facilitating customer focus and other groups to understand customer needs
- Experience of 1:1 user insight techniques
- Experience of managing suppliers to deliver services such as usability testing and customer research
- Experience of creating, writing and publishing reports and presenting these to senior management and SME’s
- Experience of making recommendations to digital product managers and owners on future development needs
- Experience of UX work including running user workshops, focus groups, user testing, wireframing, prototyping, A/B testing, questionnaires
- Experience of contributing to the Digital Strategy by providing insight
- Experience of SEO to understand user journeys and how these can be improved through digital improvements
- Communications and Working Relationships
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders for designated projects and contribute to wider stakeholders engagement related to the SOH delivering the Digital Strategies
- Regular face to face or remote meetings with product owners and product managers to identify digital development needs, prioritise these needs and develop project plans and roadmaps to implement improvements to digital channels
- Proactively share knowledge, insights and best practice with other team members