Would you like a career working for one of The Times Best Big Company in the UK? Haven are currently recruiting for Trainee Lifeguards to join our Sports & Leisure Team.
You can get further details about the nature of this opening, and what is expected from applicants, by reading the below.
We describe our Team’s as ‘bright and breezy’ living by our values ‘dare to care’, ‘yes I can’, ‘keep it simple’, ‘make it fun’ and ‘do the right thing’ for our guests.
Our mission is to give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime.
In return, we can offer you career opportunities of a lifetime.
With a great selection of indoor and outdoor activities available, Haven is the perfect place for families to try something new together.
The Activities and Leisure teams play a key role in ensuring families feel confident, safe and happy during their activity, embracing a ‘breath of fresh air’ culture with our guests at the heart of everything we do.
Key responsibilities will be: •Provide a safe and secure environment for all guests whilst using our pool areas.
- To be guest focused & provide a first-class service to all our guests
- Ensure strict health and safety guidelines are adhered to at all times
- Ensure all work areas are presented and managed to the highest level at all times
- Ensure all chemical & cleaning materials issued are stored safely & used within COSHH guidelines
- Ensuring all internal & statuary obligations are met
- Complying with Park rules at all times
Qualifications and Experience: (Full training can be provided) Please do not worry if you do not have a current NPLQif you have the right attitude & ability we would be delighted to train you to gain this qualification.
Pre-requisites for our Lifeguard course: (We may require you to complete a swim test prior to being offered a place on the course) •Candidates must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
- Able to swim a minimum of 100 metres on their back and front continuously
- Able to swim 50 metres in 60 seconds
- Able to dive to a depth of 3 metres
- Able to swim efficient breaststroke and have some knowledge of sidestroke
- In order to perform lifeguard duties candidates must be physically fit, have good vision and hearing, be mentally alert and self-disciplined
Additional training courses & qualifications will be arranged for the successful candidate dependant on requirements.
This role requires the successful candidate to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Due to the qualifications and training provided the successful candidate must be 16 years and over.
The Benefits of working with us: •Free use of many of the Park facilities and discounts off our food and retail outlets.
- Discounted Bourne Leisure holidays for you, your family and friends
- Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month
- Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress
Unwavering focus on cleanliness and our reassurance to you The safety of our team has always been our number one priority and now more than ever, we will raise our standards and expectations even higher.
We have been working tirelessly since the start of the Coronavirus pandemic to find ways of being able to re-open our business by adapting how we operate, ensuring we continue to give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime, in a world of social distancing and an unwavering focus on cleanliness.
We have created a six-part plan, designed to ensure we create an environment where our team feel safe working and our owners and holiday makers can relax and enjoy their freedom by the coast break.
Our team plans focus on additional training, health & wellbeing, hygiene, PPE and break-out areas.
Team wellbeing is a critical area we have focussed on, ensuring our teams are working in a Safe Haven.