Third In Charge / Room Leader
Third in Charge / Room Leader Toddler Room
Salary: £25,00 per annum Depending on experience
Contract: Full time Permanent
A private day nursery in Morden are looking for an experienced person to take on the role of Third in Charge; MUST HAVE SEN EXPERIENCE
The role of Third in Charge would suit a highly motivated, organised, enthusiastic and creative person. The nursery is a popular and lively setting with lots of creativity and has a team of staff who are dedicated to the care of children.
Duties and responsibilities: providing quality care for the children, creative play, observations, support and extending child learning, you will be required to cover for the Manager and Deputy Manager in their absence.
The ideal applicant for the role of Third in Charge will have excellent people management skills, be an enthusiastic leader, a good communicator and role model with a professional attitude.
Responsibilities for Third in Charge / Room Leader include
- Working as part of the management team, providing support to ensure the smooth running of the Nursery
- Additional responsibilities in the absence of the Nursery Manager or Deputy
- Working in partnership with parents/carers
- Ensure good practice
- Ensure that all legislation in relation to Ofsted registration, special needs, safeguarding and Health and Safety is complied with and that company policies and procedures are adhered to & assisting the management team
- Key holder – opening and closing the Nursery
- Providing support and guidance to other practitioners to develop and enhance their skills
The ideal applicant for the Third in Charge position
- Must be at least Level 3 qualified in childcare
- Have a detailed understanding of the requirements set by Ofsted
- An excellent knowledge of the EYFS and experience of working with children and families
- Extensive knowledge of Safeguarding
- Experience of working in partnership with parents and outside agencies
- Have a clear DBS and 2 satisfactory references
In return, this opportunity offers the ideal applicant a competitive salary, pension and the opportunity to work as part of a successful and friendly team.
Benefits on offer include
- Excellent salary package
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and on-going training
- Bonus incentive. 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- On-site parking
- Employee discount
Apply For This Job
If you meet the above criteria set above, or would like Early Years Career advise please apply ASAP for an informal and confidential chat.
Outside of the office hours all calls are diverted to individual consultants who will take your calls and respond to message urgently.
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references checks
- Plus Staff Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Nursery Practitioner, Senior Nursery Practitioner, Room Leader, Early Years Practitioner
- Private Day Nursery
Apply fast, check the full description by scrolling below to find out the full requirements for this role.