Technical Support Team Leader
Technical Support Team Leader
Bicester (onsite based role)
At Ocado Solutions and Client Services, we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado’s physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.Have you got what it takes to succeed The following information should be read carefully by all candidates.Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
This role reports into the Technical Operations Site Support Manager (EMEA) and will form part of the OSS team within Client Services. Within this role you will have a unique perspective, more than anyone else working within a CFC as you will be working across three different disciplines; Engineering Operations, Technical Support Services and Business Operations. This role will require you to use technical and operational awareness ensuring effective management of incidents and to communicate with a range of stakeholders. This role will be at the centre of client operations.
What you will be doing
The objective of this role is to ensure relevant business systems are fully operational ensuring an efficient service to Ocado’s customers and clients and to avoid or minimise any impact to customers following system outages or incidents. To achieve this you will be managing an onsite team of Operational Systems Support Specialists.
- Monitoring business systems operations
- Managing a team of on site systems support specialists to ensure effective coverage of services by the team
- Escalation point for the on site OSS team and for the business
- Ensuring the health & safety of staff within your team
- Initial point of contact for client operational teams and a conduit into Engineering Ops and technology
- Identifying and raising system faults in appropriate systems
- Ensuring the timely pickup and response to incidents from assigned teams
- Managing system faults towards a timely resolution
- Analyse the performance of key on site assets
- Technical point of contact for onsite and off site teams
- Managing the ticketing progress for Technical support services
- Prioritising bot recoveries and arranging recovery windows
- Investigate failed tasks and inaccessible stock and customer totes
- Communicating with relevant parties to ensure visibility and a fast resolution
- Resolving technical issues as part of the OSS team
- Highlighting and resolving pick support issues
- Working closely with engineering to resolve engineering issues and complete certain engineering tasks
- Liaising closely with other technology teams within Ocado to achieve the desired outcome and be a point of contact for related queries
What we would like to see
- Able to engage with the stakeholders at all levels to provide technical updates and engage with technical requests
- Strong time management skills
- Experience in line management
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience in a technical support capacity
- Experience in hardware support
- A good understanding of computing configurations, ITIL, infrastructure and the OSI model
- Able to drive and progress a situation towards a timely resolution
- Able to engage effectively and efficiently with business staff at all levels, ensuring work is progressed in a timely fashion meeting business requirements
- Ability to follow and create documentation, processes and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English at all levels
- Strong technical communication leaders
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self starter
- Ability to learn and think quickly as well as being very hands on when required
- Experience in a technical support / incident management role
- Ability to manage and resolve technical incidents in hardware, software and networking
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, Ocado retail staff discounts.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado’s business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.