Teaching Assistant/Lunchtime Supervisor – Fixed Term
Pay: NJC Scale 2/3 Point 3
Increase your chances of reaching the interview stage by reading the complete job description and applying promptly.
Start Date: 31.08.2021
We are looking to fill a fixed term Teaching Assistant/Lunch time Supervisor post until July 2022, for 32.5 hours total per week. The position will require you to work either within a whole class, 1:1 or in small groups across both KS1 and KS2 classes. Teaching Assistant NJC Scale 2/3 Point 3 term time only. Lunch time Supervisor NJC Scale 1 Point 1.
You will need to be
- Hardworking and flexible with an inspiring positive attitude
- A good team player
- A kind, caring, happy person
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise according to the needs of the children
- Passionate about helping all children to achieve their potential and able to work with challenging children
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A thorough knowledge of the Primary and EYFS curriculums and expectations
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of child development and children’s needs
- NVQ level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification and/or 2 GCSEs (A-C) passes (or equivalent) in English and Maths
Our school and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: Friday 2nd July 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing 5th July 2021
- Information about the school
St Michael’s Church of England Primary School, rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted December 2018, is at the heart of the village of St Michael’s and adjacent to the Church of St Michael’s and All Angels, with very strong community links.
From the moment you walk through the door you will feel the warm welcome that St Michael’s Church of England Primary School is famous for. Generations have been sending their children to this school in the knowledge they will not only have an exciting learning experience, but also will be valued and cherished in our caring, Christian environment – SIAMs judgement ‘Good’ October 2015.
We are a member of the Tenterden Schools Trust. The Trust is made up of the five schools in the town of Tenterden – St Michael’s C of E Primary School, The Tenterden Primary Federation (comprising Tenterden C of E Junior School and Tenterden Infants School), Rolvenden C of E Primary and Homewood School & Sixth Form Centre. The vision of our Trust is “Securing the future for the young people in all our schools”
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.