Teacher of Music
Required from January 2022
Interested in learning more about this job Scroll down and find out what skills, experience and educational qualifications are needed.
Notting Hill & Ealing High School, one of London’s leading independent day schools, has an exciting opportunity for an inspirational Teacher of Music to contribute further to a flourishing Music Department in both its curricular and extra-curricular activities.
We are looking for a well-qualified and enthusiastic graduate of Music, with a passion for the subject to teach up to A Level and Oxbridge entry. The successful candidate is likely to be a highly practical musician with choral conducting experience, a passion for teaching composition and a strong academic background. The ideal candidate will also have experience of leading choirs and/or orchestras and be fully committed to the vibrant extra-curricular musical life of the school.
Excellent keyboard skills are appreciated but not a prerequisite.
Teaching at NHEHS
“Teaching here is all about being able to have in-depth conversations with students about your subject and helping to enthuse them with the same passion as you have. Teaching at NHEHS is exactly what I imagined teaching would be like when I got my first teaching job; it’s what teaching should be!”
- Head of Department
About the School
NHEHS is a leading academic day school. Our girls are ambitious, bright, enthusiastic and eager to learn and we offer a warm and supportive community. We occupy a site in suburban, leafy, west Ealing with excellent transport links. As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Membership of Teaching Staff Pension Scheme
- Access to the GDST central training and development programme
- Up to 50% discount on fees for children at GDST schools
- Training grants for obtaining further qualifications
- Interest free annual season ticket loans for travel are available to staff
- Interest free loans to enable staff to buy a computer for personal use at home
- Cycle Scheme: The School is part of the scheme which enables staff to purchase bicycles and equipment at a tax advantageous rate and pay for the equipment over 12 months
- Free lunches during term time
- Accredited NQT induction
- Accommodation for September 2021
Further information about this position and how to apply is available by clicking the "Visit website" button or by emailing
Closing date: Monday 21st June 2021 (12pm) but early applications are welcomed.
Interviews will take place on Monday 28th June 2021.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
GDST are committed to the safeguarding of children, and child protection screening will apply to this post.