Teacher of Mathematics – Maternity
Pay: £27,186 – £42,192 per annum
Check below to see if you have what is needed for this opportunity, and if so, make an application asap.
Start Date: September 2021
We require a Teacher of Mathematics to join The Rochester Grammar School on a fixed term contract until Summer 2022 for 3 days a week. You will be joining a team of committed professionals to teach Years 7-13, including the International Baccalaureate at Sixth Form. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for teaching Mathematics. Experience of teaching the IB is desirable but not essential.
What you will need to succeed
- Be a qualified Mathematics teacher
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
- Be committed to developing International Mindedness
What our Trust will offer you
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal conversation about this role please contact Ruth Rivers via email – .
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 16/06/2021 at 23:00
Information about the school
The Rochester Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and is not only a school with outstanding outcomes but also has a rich history and inspiring reputation as one of the country’s leading state Grammar Schools.
The RGS is consistently ranked amongst the best state schools in the country and is an International Baccalaureate diploma school. Teaching at RGS is an inspiring and rewarding experience.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.