Exciting opportunity developing and leading a tax team in the EMEA region.
* Working with an internationally recognised brand with high aspirations.
About Our Client
The client is one of the world's leading industrial groups, providing a broad range of products and services across energy, logistics & infrastructure, industrial machinery, aerospace and defence sectors.
They are a major global brand with operations across the UK and EMEA region.
* Responsible for all aspects of corporate income tax and indirect tax compliance for Group companies and permanent establishments domiciled in EMEA. This includes but is not limited to preparing and/or reviewing tax returns and tax provisions and ensuring the timely tax payments to tax authorities .
* Prepare corporate tax returns by gathering and analysing financial accounting information, and work with external advisors for the review of the returns including French and Netherlands entities .
* Prepare the tax disclosures in the statutory accounts of UK entities and tax computation for quarterly reporting packs to parent company and other UK group entities within agreed timetable.
* Prepare and review quarterly instalment payment calculations with the view to group relief credits.
* Responsible for Large and Complex business communication with HMRC-CCM covering SAO certification, publishing tax strategy for the group, CIR, CbCR notification to UK and some European tax authorities
* Responsible for project tax advice in the UK and overseas including PE assessments. Advising sales teams on withholding tax, VAT/GST, personal income tax and corporate tax consequences of operating in certain overseas countries including need for indirect and direct tax registrations (working with advisors on non-UK tax advice where needed). Ensure advice is implemented correctly and in line with Group Tax strategy
* Proactively promoting awareness of tax issues across the group and building relationships with key stakeholders in all jurisdictions covered to achieve that goal.
* Ensuring a close working relationship with HR to ensure the Group's employment tax and social security obligations are met, including the identification and implementation of employment tax policies and procedures.
* Support GM to build strong relationship with tax advisors and tax authorities in the UK and other EMEA jurisdictions.
* Prepare and update transfer pricing local files to meet local TP regulations in the EMEA region for UK and some of the companies in the Netherlands and France .
* Update Intercompany Service agreements to meet OECD TP guidelines and local jurisdictions rules.
* Prepare specific claims such as R&D tax credits and capital allowances claims for the review of tax advisors and work with business units to identify grants/subsidies available from UK and European union .
* Participate in Tax planning for Business re-organisation and location analysis .
* Work with Group Tax team in Japan to co-ordinate EMEA tax strategy and organise workshops on tax compliance and policies for EMEA entities.
The Successful Applicant
* Qualified Tax professional with good UK Corporate tax experience (CTA qualified with minimum 4yrs-PQE) as well as indirect tax and ideally European/International tax experience including Netherlands, Germany and France
* Experience in using Alphatax software.
* Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Excellent tax reporting knowledge with sound IFRS knowledge.
* Reasonable knowledge of the evolving tax environment following BEPS and subsequent EU and OECD proposals.
* Ability to distil complex tax technical situations into practical and implementable guidance to support new business developments.
* Developing relationships with external advisors, group auditors and tax authorities.
* Confident, with good communication skills, and able to readily gain the confidence of the business teams and Group management.
What's on Offer
Salary: £75,000 – £90,000
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPJN(phone number removed)ZApply now