Systems Test Analyst
Tester/ QA Engineer/ Systems Testing
Systems Test Engineer
* Salary – up to £45,000 dependant on experience
* Location – York or Derby, with occasional trips to other sites
* Job Type – Full Time, Permanent
My client, a world class leading business is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer To design and execute the testing of their systems. The position involves supporting the engineering team and the testing of the systems through the full development lifecycle.
In this role you will be expected to define the test plan and where necessary strategy, test environment, scenarios, scripts and data required, along with executing and reporting on findings to ensure the high-quality standards set, continue to be maintained.
The successful applicant will get the opportunity to work in a dynamic ISO 9001 accredited environment.
* You will ensure to lead the System Testing of products and solutions.
* Have the ability to devise, setup/maintain appropriate test environments be they manual or automated in origin.
* Requirements analysis and defining of test criteria
* Define and document the test plans, ensuring a robust test suite is in place to support test execution
* Test case creation and execution
* Defect tracking and management
* Testing quality reporting
* Ensure all required safety systems are complied with
* Consistently communicate risks and issues to the appropriate party
* Continuous improvement of strategies, tooling and practices
Key Skills and Experience required:
* You must have 2 years practical experience within a systems maintenance or test environment
* Knowledge/experience of working with electronics
* Experience of System Testing and Functional/Non-Functional Testing
* Firm understanding of the development life cycle
* The ability to write &/or work methodically and conscientiously through a defined testing procedure
* ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing as a minimum
* Practical experience within a hardware test environment
* Knowledge of test management procedure and tools (e.g. qTest)
* Experience in using defect tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
* Some software development/scripting skills an advantage (e.g. C++, C#, Python)
Please apply ASAP to be considered
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis websiteApply now