Support Worker – Relief
Relief Support Worker
If you would like to know a bit more about this opportunity, or are considering applying, then please read the following job information.
£9.99 per hour
Are you looking for a role which offers you flexibility, training, career development and the chance to make a life changing impact?
Dimensions are currently looking for relief support staff to join our fantastic care team in Gateshead. You will need to be caring, ambitious, thoughtful and kind.
Relief work offers ultimate flexibility – with no obligation to accept shifts you can fit your work around your personal commitments.
Whether you have supported people with learning disabilities before or you are looking for a change of career, we would love to hear from you!
We support two ladies in the NE8 area who love to go shopping, watch football, listen to music, play computer games and they both have a love for animals. We are encouraging healthy eating and exercising with both women to help them achieve their goals.
You will need to support them with all aspects of their daily life including personal care and medication.
The Relief pay rate for Gateshead is £8.91 per hour. As a Relief Worker, your annual leave is accrued as you work and is included in your hourly rate (£9.99).
If you have any further questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Jane on 07825 844 404.
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisations supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
To find out how you will be rewarded for your hard work and dedication, please see the attached job description for a full list of rewards.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work programme 2019, 2020 & 2021.
You can find out more about the role and Dimensions via the attached job description and person specification.
To apply, please click on the button below.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications
Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.