Support WorkerApply (by clicking the relevant button) after checking through all the related job information below.Welwyn Garden CityPart time – 14 hours
We are looking for Support Workers to support individuals in Welwyn Garden City in a great location with fantastic benefits. You don’t need experience as full training is given. We offer a great team environment and competitive pay rates. You will be friendly and approachable and support individuals to have a great life with excellent outcomes.
As a Support Worker you will support a young gentleman in his early 20’s we are currently providing support Monday – Sunday 9am – 4pm however we are also looking to offer respite to the individuals family once a month which will include shifts that are 8am-3pm and 3pm-10pm.
He’ll need support around the house with everyday tasks. We’re looking to encourage and build up his confidence to take steps out into the community eventually along with increasing the days of support.
He suffers from epilepsy so there are CCTV in the upstairs of the house to monitor him should he have a fit, he presents with behaviours that challenge and has autism. We will provide training for all aspects of the role to help you support him with his day.
Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisation supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity, apply today, or for more information about this role please call Katrina Ruddick
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2020.
- A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications