Founded in 2012, SoPost now employs nearly 50 people across three hubs: our technology team of software engineers and UX/UI designers, as well as central functions like finance and HR, are based in Newcastle (United Kingdom), while our commercial and partnership teams are located in both London and New York (USA).
Please read the information in this job post thoroughly to understand exactly what is expected of potential candidates.
We are active in 15 major markets across the UK, EMEA and North America.Our technology enables many of the world’s most recognisable brands to run highly effective product-sampling campaigns online.
Our clients (‘brand partners’ as we refer to them) come from a broad range of categories, from cosmetics and fragrance to food and beverage.
*About the role:
*At SoPost, we are determined to enable our platform’s capabilities to respond to the ever-changing needs of our customers and partners.
We want to enable brand partners from all industry verticals to maximise the effectiveness of their digital sampling by offering opportunities to reach their most relevant consumer audience, wherever they exist online, leveraging the capabilities of the SoPost platform to provide a fully integrated service with our partners’ own technology.
To achieve this, we need to work closely with our publisher and platform partners to deliver a consistent pipeline of innovation.To fulfil this aim, we are looking to establish a solutions engineering function to work in partnership with our commercial team and core engineering team, to deliver customer and partner solutions.
We are looking for seasoned software engineers who can problem solve, enjoy working collaboratively across cross-functional teams and relish the opportunity to design and build brand-led solutions that will help us to realise our customers’ ambitions and to deepen relationships with our partners.
Reporting into our Commercial Leads, with a dotted line into our Head of Product, you will be the first hire in a newly created Solutions Engineering function.
** Design, develop and deliver customer-specific solutions.
* Support commercial teams in helping prospective customers or partners to understand and evaluate SoPost products, translating technical needs into product fit.
* Help to build customer and partner solutions by identifying the technical requirement; establishing the most efficient method of delivering; and documenting and executing the solution itself.
* Identify opportunities to partner with external parties to provide solutions where capacity or complexity dictates and own those relationships from end to end.
* Complete technical elements of RFI and RFPs in collaboration with commercial teams.
* Collect and analyse feedback from current and prospective customers and partners to influence product roadmap, collaborating with the engineering and product management teams to meet our prospects’ business challenges and align with SoPost’s business objectives.
* Being customer zero on building solutions on top of our new Open API.
* Diagnose, troubleshoot and remedy specific customer solutions and technical support.
* Act as primary point of contact for internal commercial teams to triage and resolve customer specific technical issues.
* Responsible for supporting the commercial team with technical questions relating to our products and services.
* Represent SoPost in discussions with external customers and partners, providing technical advice and insight.
* Innovate and improve workflows and commercial workflows for customers.
* Build tools to help support productivity within the commercial teams’ workflows.
* Proactively identify technology-led solutions that replace manual processes.
* Support in the training of the commercial teams to elevate their technical understanding.
* Be customer zero for the platform open-API and help inform endpoint roadmap based on evolving customer and market demands.
* Develop and maintain expertise in feature functionality and practical application of all SoPost products.
* Support commercial teams in feature roll-out and application.
*We are ideally looking for an experienced software engineer who has spent time within a fast paced agency or performed a similar role within a dynamic startup/scale up environment.
Passionate about problem solving, the successful candidate will be implementing well-constructed solutions to technical challenges.
You will also possess a desire and passion to affect positive change and will not be afraid to roll your sleeves up and lead that change.
** 3-5 years of experience working in a sales engineering or solutions architecting role.
* An ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
* Strong verbal and written communication.
* Ability to build relationships with potential customers and partners, understand their environment, and introduce new concepts to solve problems.
* Capable of balancing and prioritising different tasks in consultation with sales/commercial teams.
* Demonstrable knowledge of API and back-end systems design
* (Nice to have) Experience of working within or partnering with adtech/martech solutions would be advantageous to your application.-
* Phone screen
* Technical screen
* Presentation IV