Software Engineer (Mobile)
Software Engineer (Mobile)
Location: Cambridge, UK Cambridge, UK (currently working from home due to Covid 19 restrictions, hybrid model of work available upon return to normal work circumstances)
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximizing efficiency, and even saving lives. We are a global leader in providing software, solutions, and business applications for managing location and geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, and Belgium. Our 1Spatial Location Master Data Management (LMDM) platform delivers powerful data solutions and focused business applications on-premise, on-mobile and in the cloud.
Interested in learning more about this job Scroll down and find out what skills, experience and educational qualifications are needed.
Would you be a good fit to the 1Spatial Development team? We are looking for people with proven interest in technology, commitment to agile software development good practice and belief in the power of teamwork. We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative, and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be a self-motivated problem solver with good communication skills.
Why join 1Spatial? Our people are the heart of 1Spatial. When you join us, we’ll support your professionalism, dedication and aspirations through a positive, extremely flexible, and inclusive working environment built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.
Our team ethos is not only demonstrated by our on-going commitment to equality and diversity but is also reflected in our open office space which encourages conversation, cooperation, and collaboration between colleagues at every level in every department.
1Spatial’s Location Master Data Management (LMDM) platform development team is responsible for developing targeted mobile applications and platform that underpins them. These allow customers to streamline the capture and use of spatial data whilst on the move. The applications are built on our in-house Location Mobile App Platform (LMap), using Xamarin Forms, for mapping and spatial data validation.
In this role you will develop innovative solutions based on LMap SDK and enhance the underlying platform. This is a part of the mobile offering of our 1Spatial Location Master Data Management (LMDM) platform. You will mainly be developing in C# and Xamarin, across the technology stack both backend and frontend. Working within a small, self-managing agile team you will be involved in design, development, and test, solving tough problems while keeping quality up and technical debt down.
You will be responsible for
- Working within agile processes for short cycle, fast-paced deliveries
- Contributing to a cross functional team of developers, testers, and product managers to deliver enhancements and new features for Location Mobile App Platform (LMap) and targeted customer applications developed on it
Required Skills and Experience
- Passion for mobile technologies
- Proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software development and strong OO practices with strong experience coding with C#
- Experience with unit testing using NUnit or similar
- Experience using:
- Desktop or Mobile development –e.g., Xamarin, WPF, Android, iOS
- Continuous integration environment (Jenkins/Hudson, AppCenter, TeamCity) and build tools (Cake Gradle)
- Version control tooling (e.g., git)
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Health Cash Plan
- Personal Development Allowance
- Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to
- If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact
and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.