Droit is a technology company at the forefront of merging finance and computational law. We build software that digitizes regulations and makes intelligent decisions in real-time transactional systems. Our award-winning platform is providing mission-critical, low-latency services for the world’s most prominent and complex financial institutions.
Scroll down to find the complete details of the job offer, including experience required and associated duties and tasks.
At Droit we seek candidates who are curious, driven and willing to bring their unique skills and perspectives to our work. We offer the opportunity for employees with a range of experience to develop their skills while shaping our platform and making meaningful contributions to the firm.
What our Software Engineers do
Software engineers take holistic and collaborative approaches to solving the firm’s core business problems. They don’t just write and review code – engineers are responsible for architecting and designing the infrastructure involved with any given project/deliverable and are also responsible for communicating these decisions effectively and clearly.
Here are just some of the projects we’re working on
- Business logic and APIs for our core decision engine
- Functional-reactive applications
- Domain-specific languages and compilers
- Parsing laws from heterogeneous sources
- Collaborating with our Knowledge Engineering team to research and design new product lines
What we’re looking for
- A high degree of curiosity with the ability to ask thoughtful questions and solve challenging problems
- The capacity to envision a variety of solutions and to clearly articulate them and explain the trade-offs
- The ability to use functional programming to design simple and elegant solutions
- A collaborative mind-set that enjoys working with others and knowledge sharing to achieve the best results
- An eagerness to give and receive feedback in an open team atmosphere to better the overall result
- Practical experience with a functional language such as Clojure, Scheme, Common LISP or Haskell
Any of the following would be an added benefit
- Experience using a RDBMS such as Postgres
- Experience Building React applications and RESTful APIs
- Experience with proof assistants
A little more about Droit
Our award-winning platform, Adept, has been in live production since March 2014. A series-A funding in late 2016, led by Goldman Sachs, has further boosted growth. Droit is based out of New York and London.
Droit is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an innovative, fast-paced and diverse workforce that represents a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and skills.