Social Media Volunteer
Job Title: Social Media Volunteer (YAC Crawley)
Are you the right applicant for this opportunity Find out by reading through the role overview below
- Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Contract Type: Permanent term-time only
Closing date: 16th July 2021
We are looking for volunteers who would like to work with our YAC team to curate and develop social media content, build an audience and increase engagement with our online presence in order to raise awareness of the service with young people and families in Crawley and surrounding areas.
The Youth Advice Centre (YAC) in Crawley is based at the Crawley Foyer building on Horsham Road and provides young people (aged 11-25) with a safe space to access Youth Information, Advice and Counselling Services (YIACS). The service provides local young people with a comprehensive early intervention mental health and emotional wellbeing offer, acting as the front door for advice, guidance, support, referral and assessment for young people in Crawley and surrounding areas. The YAC team also offer support with a wide range of other wellbeing issues including housing, education & employment, sexual & physical health, substance misuse, exploitation and gender and sexuality.
- To create and curate interesting and engaging social media contact across a wide range of social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linked In)
- Increase engagement of young people aged 11-25, parents and families as well as wider stakeholders and partner organisations
- To develop and create YAC-related content (including graphics, sourcing images, creating videos, writing text and developing service specific hashtags)
- A good understanding of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Experience of content creation (including for personal social media channels)
- An understanding of the needs of young people, especially in relation to mental health and emotional wellbeing
- We ask our volunteers to offer a minimum of 1 x 4-hour shift a week with a minimum commitment of a year – successful candidates may fulfil this role within flexible hours, as long as this suits the needs of the service
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DownsLink Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please note that we will be reviewing applications regularly and the role will close once we have reached our capacity for volunteers.