Senior QA Tester (contract)
Description Position at Two Point Studios
Senior QA (Contract)
While professional experience and qualifications are key for this role, make sure to check you have the preferable soft skills before applying if required.
About Two Point
Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also don’t take themselves too seriously – we call them little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. We dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call "Two Point County" – with us now being a part of the Sega family, and with the success of Two Point Hospital, we’re now pushing forward with our next adventure to make that dream become a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and super creative! Everyone in our lovely team gets stuck in. You’ve got some awesome ideas? You can bet we want to hear them! You’d like to get in on our D&D nights, or jump into the lunch time FIFA league? You’re in! We’re a second family here, we all look out for each other and we love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike the perfect work life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones with time to spare.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we at Two Point Studios are working remotely from home to help everyone stay safe in this difficult time, and any new starters will be joining us in this. But don’t worry, there will be plenty of opportunity to meet the team, with weekly video meetings for the whole studio, as well as daily kick off meetings and Coffee Break social video chats in the afternoons.
Brief Job Description
We’re looking for an experienced QA professional who will carry out testing on our games to ensure they meet our high quality standard and make sure all our ‘Little People’ and the worlds they inhabit are behaving like they should!
About the job
Your main responsibility as Senior QA will be to carry out thorough and accurate testing on our games to ensure their high quality and make sure all our ‘Little People’ and the worlds they inhabit are behaving like they should! You will need to carry out testing on a variety of platforms including various PC and desktop formats, as well as current and next generation consoles. If you aren’t already familiar with Two Point Hospital, you’ll get to play it a lot now, testing new and old content, as well as carrying out testing on brand new projects as they are developed! Our simulated worlds have depth to them, in both content and mechanics, and you’ll need to be familiar with both elements to carry out insightful and effective destructive testing, as well as following our detailed test plans to give Two Point projects the thorough testing they deserve! Ideal candidates will have good communication skills, solid work ethic and a positive, friendly attitude.
You’ll be responsible for
- Working closely with the QA Lead to ensure that workloads are completed within deadlines and leading in their absence if required
- Carrying out test plans and other structured testing
- Conducting destructive and exploratory testing to identify new issues and pinpoint their causality
- Communicating and coordinating with internal and external testing teams, both in the UK and abroad
- Entering issues into our database with appropriate supporting evidence and descriptive detail
- Taking responsibility for your issues from entry to resolution, monitoring them for requests from the development team and responding to comments or questions appropriately
- Reporting critical issues, test results and task progress to the QA Lead
- Act as a role model for the QA team, displaying best practices and offering advice and mentorship to junior members of the QA team with regards to tasks
- Working with the rest of the studio to release the highest quality content possible within deadlines
The ideal candidate would have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3-4 years experience in a QA role, preferably in a development studio
- Previous experience testing on Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch platforms, and using associated target management and SDK software
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities
- Ability to follow set processes and encourage the compliance of junior team members
- A proactive and inventive approach to destructive/unstructured testing
- Experience in executing test plans and carrying out effective targeted exploratory testing
- Experience playing a variety of games including the Management/Simulation genre of games
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games
Not essential, but it helps if you have
- Previous leadership experience working in Games or other related fields
- Experience playing Two Point Hospital
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
- Experience using Jira and other database and project management software (Trello, Confluence etc)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills