Senior Product Designer
Senior Mobile Product Designer
You could be just the right applicant for this job Read all associated information and make sure to apply.
- We are looking for a Senior Mobile Product Designer to join our team, where we continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand!
- The successful Senior Mobile Product Designer will be working with cross-functional teams and operating through all the stages of Design Thinking, from Empathise to Implement
- Mobile UI/UX Designers focusing predominantly on native applications across iOS and Android will be in good stead for the role of Senior Mobile Product Designer
Last year more people opened an account with this organisation than any other brand. Being part of the Mutual Society, means that our member’s needs are at the heart of everything. Currently in the middle of a hugely exciting transformation means that there is opportunity for Product Designers to join the Service & Experience Design Team.
There is a real chance for a Senior Mobile Product Designer to shape the culture and standards of the UI Design team.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll use your expertise in visual and interaction design to create experiences that engage and solve the needs of those that come into contact with them.
- You’ll be working with cross-functional teams, ranging from User Experience Designers, Content Designers, and Engineers to Product Owners and Delivery Leads and Product SMEs
- You’ll be working to an agile delivery methodology, working through all the stages of Design Thinking, from Empathise to Implement
- You’ll be involved in customer research to uncover the issues our members and colleagues are facing, instrumental in identifying opportunities and shape the direction of new experiences
- Extensive experience working as a Mobile UI/UX Designer within an agency or in-house design team focusing predominantly on native applications across iOS and Android
- You’ll have a thorough understanding of mobile platform and device requirements such as screen resolutions, pixel density and aspect ratios
- You’ll be able to show a deep understanding of Material Design guidelines and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- You’ll be able to instinctively know the best mobile app UX patterns and IxD patterns to meet the expectations of iOS and Android users
- You’ll have a detailed knowledge of visual and IxD, and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities, and tools to create delightful experiences
- You’ll be proud to showcase an online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong visual and IxD skills and a heavy focus on native mobile apps for both IOS and Android
- You’ll have a solid understanding and appreciation for development from working directly with native Engineers and delivering a design through to live
- You’ll have the ability to share your design capabilities with those around you and be comfortable with the responsibility for developing more junior members of the team
- You’ll bring a solid understanding of design systems and the experience of using and developing one
For further information feel free to reach out at or simply apply!