Please read the information in this job post thoroughly to understand exactly what is expected of potential candidates.
Title: Senior Developer
Location: Bournemouth/Remote (UK based)
You will be extremely competent in
- Scalable customer centric design
- Data Architecture
- Oracle Cloud
- UI Frameworks (React / Blazor)
Gilmond is a growing SaaS applications leader in the fast-moving Entech sector.
With amazing opportunities ahead of us, Gilmond is looking for a Senior Developer (C#) to have a significant impact on our innovative products and offerings as a business.
With deep knowledge of the sector from running our own challenger-brand energy supply business, we develop SaaS applications that enable our energy-sector clients to out-perform their competition. Our applications are smarter, automate more processes, with a best-in-class user experience to enable our clients to serve their clients at the lowest possible cost so they can win and retain more profitable business.
What will you be doing?
This Senior Developer will become an integral member of our team. This role will then report into the Head of Development.
The role will initially be focused on completing our innovative changes to our existing product suite. We are bringing the latest technologies into our approach.
We are improving and adapting a vastly scalable, performant processing engine to deliver an unparalleled experience to our customers.
Within this role you will
· Be a part of a team that delivers working software, on time (based on estimation) and to a high level of quality.
· Use and contribute to defining the strategies and techniques for delivery.
· Develop with the future in mind, building reusable solutions that can then speed up time to market and improvements for our customers.
· Challenge stories where the change doesn’t deliver end user value compromises the time to delivery.
· Participate effectively within the Agile ways of working ceremonies and with Product Owner, Testers and other Developers.
· Bring your expertise to make a significant difference to Gilmond in delivering our business goals and targets.
What skills and experience do you need?
We love the energy sector and we’re looking for someone who is excited by it too. If you’re an evangelist, an experienced Development professional with the following skills and experience, engage with us.
· Several years’ experience as a developer within a similar product line.
· Demonstratable and programming experience within C# / .NET.
· Clear and deep understanding of scalable API architectures and build approaches.
· Expose to cloud hosting and application (Azure / OCS).
· Solid understanding and practical experience of Agile Ways of working involvement and associated tooling.
· Proven track record in a similar role within a SaaS Development business (Ideally energy or similar sector).
· Dedication. An individual who is passionate about delivering the best experiences to our customers.
· Ability to absorb information and then bring plans into life quickly.
· Someone who is comfortable working within a team and individually as well.
· Strong communication skills. Someone who is as comfortable talking to the senior member of our business as the rest of the team.
· Tangible experience of hitting deadlines and delivering to market.
Who are we?
Gilmond is dedicated to the energy industry. We provide smart applications for energy clients, automating and optimising their business processes from meter-to-cash. Using our class-leading software, we enable our clients to drive sustainable growth, improving their customer’s experience whilst lowering their cost to serve to out-perform their competition.
We are partnering with energy suppliers, enabling them to take the right steps towards the smarter future of energy. We believe every supplier should have the opportunity to grow and operate more efficiently, realising its potential, enabled by smarter processes, powered by better technology.
At Gilmond we have invested in the smartest minds in energy, combining technical talent and deep industry expertise with an experienced leadership team committed to our customers’ success. United by our values and commitment to excellence, we work tirelessly to support our customers’ performance and growth ambitions.
Why should you apply?
If you’re looking to grow your skills as a Development professional and deliver products effectively to market then this role is for you.
Like all the roles within Gilmond, this role matters! It is core to our business objectives and our ability to bring the best experiences to market for our customers.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with
· Competitive salary.
· Generous holiday allowance, increasing with years of service.
· Bike to Work scheme.
· Employee discounts across a range of consumer electronics, holidays etc (for example, up to 15% off Samsung, up to 10% off Apple, up to 30% off with Expedia)
If you think you’d be a good fit with us here at Gilmond, apply today and we’ll be in touch soon!