Senior Content Designer
Job Title: Senior Content Designer
Find out more about this role by reading the information below, then apply to be considered.
Salary: £48,997 to £60,115 plus £1,639 location allowance. You will receive £48,997 the band minimum. Progress to the band maximum of £60,115 will be via incremental progression
Location: Victoria Embankment
Help create the world’s biggest online police station
We’re taking services online with a user centred design approach to create a platform – the Single Online Home – that makes it easier and quicker for people to get the help they need. We are looking for someone to help us bring this digital transformation to life.
As a content designer, working under the Head of Content, you will work on the end-to-end journey of a public facing service to help users complete their goal. You will make sure appropriate content is shown to the user in the right place and in the best format. You will work in close collaboration with subject matter experts, product owners and developers to create high-quality, user-focused content and design content strategies and solutions.
This is a key moment in our digital transition. You’ll be helping to set up a new platform with the potential to revolutionise the way we work. We therefore need someone with experience in a similar role. You should be used to working with stakeholders to gather requirements and turn them into practical, useful content. You’ll have all the technical talents – from knowledge of SEO and digital asset management, to Google Analytics and user centred service design. What’s more, you can use content publishing systems in an agile environment.
If you can work as part of a team, exploring new ideas and solutions, come and help create a new digital platform for the country.
The senior content designer working under the Head of Content, will work on the end-to-end journey of a public facing service to help users complete their goal. You will make sure appropriate content is shown to the user in the right place and in the best format. You will work in close collaboration with our insight manager, product owners and developers to create high quality, user-focused content and design content strategies and solutions.
Please click on the below link to view an online candidate information pack that will you give you an insight into the Met, the competency framework we use which shapes our daily work behaviours, the application process and a host of other information, that will help inform and support your application:
To apply, please visit our website. Applications will be via a detailed CV and an online application form.
Completed applications must be submitted by XXXXXX 2021.
Please note that applicants who are members of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to apply for settled or pre-settled status. If this is relevant to you and you have not yet applied to the EUSS, please take the time to do so before the deadline on 30th June 2021 at www.gov.uk/eusettlementscheme
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, the Met have committed to ensuring that disabled people and those with long-term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
Essential For The Role, e.g. qualifications, licenses, languages, training
- Ability to get to the heart of an issue quickly and clearly, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
- Knowledge of agile ways of working and user centered content design
- Have a strong sense of how form and function work together and how the combination of design, UX and content work together to improve the user experience
- Be an advocate for best practice and ‘good content’
- High level of knowledge of digital channels and formats – know how to use each to the best effect and able to choose the best format for the audience
- Strong editorial judgement; know how to tell a story and carry a narrative through content
- Have used Google Analytics , Google Tags or similar analytics packages
- Up to speed on emerging digital trends and culture
- Able to take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand
- Able to make the case for user focused design
- Be able to explain your decisions clearly
- Adept at providing simple , clear content to communicate complex issues
- Confident communicator : able to persuade ; negotiate; influence ; network and work with stakeholder
- Excellent presentation skills with experience presenting content propositions and deliverables to product owners and stakeholders
- Up to date with the latest content trends, ensuring that our solutions respond accordingly
- Have a proven track record developing content to meet user needs for digital services
- Experience working collaboratively in fast-paced agile teams
- Strong original writing for different topics, audience groups , purposes , styles and formats
- Experience developing content strategies or proposing content solutions to solve business challenges
- Experience scoping and commissioning content
- Experience translating user and business needs into content artefacts (site-maps, content wireframes, prototypes etc)
- Open to constructive criticism whilst able to defend the design and user centred focus and principles of the platform
- Extensive experience of writing for the web: able to write micro copy for user interfaces as well as able to produce long form copy if required (and understand where each might be used to best effect)
- Experience relating what users need to an existing content set, identifying gaps and overlaps
- Extensive experience working in content publishing systems