Senior Battery Manufacturing Engineer
Join a fast-growing Automotive Tier One start-up designing and developing cutting-edge lithium-ion batteries for automated volume production in the UK.
Scroll down to find the complete details of the job offer, including experience required and associated duties and tasks.
Our battery systems are targeted at lightweight electric vehicle OEM’s and offer high-power, rapid-charging, and high functional safety at a low cost.
We’re now looking for a senior engineer with expertise in manufacturing automation, mechatronics & production engineering to take responsibility for developing and deploying flexible, automated manufacturing platforms for electric vehicle battery and powertrain technologies.
We offer flexible working arrangements however our R&D/manufacturing facility will be based in Oxford so candidates will need to be able to travel to this location as and when required by the role.
- Expertise: Manufacturing Automation, Production Engineering & Industrial Robotics
Sector: Electric Vehicle Batteries & Powertrains
Working Location: See above
Start Date: Aug/Sep 2021
- Lead the design, development, integration & commissioning of semi-automated manufacturing lines for battery systems and powertrains
- Support the optimisation of designs for volume manufacturing/assembly
- Support the production and delivery of short-term customer prototypes
- Develop and optimise quality control, assembly, and end-of-line testing processes
- Support planning of long-term manufacturing strategy
- Proven experience designing production lines and establishing manufacturing operations for new products
- Expertise in automation, mechatronics and/or robotics
- Experience with functional safety and DFMEA processes
- Experience working to ISO standards
- Excellent analytical, technical, and engineering capabilities
- Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills