Sales Support – Specialty Chemicals – Home Counties
Our client is global supplier of petrochemical-based products with operations in the UK, USA, Europe and Asia. Their broad range of products are sold to manufacturers in the coatings, adhesives, sealants, polymers, plastics and resins, construction, packaging, automotive and textile industries.
Reporting to the Global Business Manager, the role of the Sales Support Assistant will be to identify new business opportunities and follow up leads, as well as act as proactive source of technical and customer information for the both Fields Sales and Business Managers.
• New business development and sales
• Act as a proactive source of technical and customer information for the Field Sales Manager / Business Manager
• Development of new customer relationships and maintenance of existing customers relationships to ensure sales objectives are met
• Receive and progress customer enquiries (via telephone & email / web) of a technical and commercial nature to the satisfaction of the customer
• Confidently and proactively contact customers to provide technical / commercial information
• Handle multiple enquiries and follow-ups at the same time, with differing timescales and resolutions
• Preparation of reports, presentations and figures for internal & external use
• Contribution to budget process in liaison with Field Sales Manager & Business Manager Close co-operation with other departments: Accounts, Credit Control, Logistics, Regulatory, HS&E etc.
• Proven commitment to providing excellent customer service
• BSc in a scientific subject (or similar / equivalent)
• Previous experience in the chemical industry (internal or external) is desirable.
• Technical experience of working within the chemical industry is desirable
• Friendly, efficient customer service attitude and phone manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Language skills: fluent in English while Spanish and / or Italian would be advantageous
• Forward-thinking & proactive attitude to problem solving
• Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with colleagues and external customers
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, highly pressurised environment with strict deadlines
• Able to multi-task and manage priorities effectively
• Ability to work effectively with company procedures
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemical, Polymer, Coatings and Life Science based IndustriesApply now