Quality Assurance Engineer
This is a vast role and, by joining our team, you will support the ongoing development of engineering and quality management systems in terms of policy, process, and procedural development. You will be a key player, assisting the team in various assurance activities in accordance with MOD quality policy.
In return, we will offer you a high degree of autonomy whilst being proactive in providing engineering leadership and expert advice. You will also have opportunities to exercise your QA capability in a fast-paced environment, with the chance to work closely with a wide stakeholder group advising, identifying and mitigating risk.
Some travel may be required to MOD operational sites both within the UK and abroad as the need arises.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
As one of our QA Engineers, you'll lean on your strong communication skills to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders, advising on all aspects of QA including contract QA activity, identifying risk and mitigating the impact of risk on equipment performance.
Using your experience from either a design, manufacturing or maintenance environment, you will undertake and support audits and surveillance activities which may include product / engineering investigations into quality-related failures.
Other key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Communicating and applying appropriate quality standards and engineering requirements, best practice, and guidance
* Working within and supporting where necessary, a management system based on the principles of the ISO 9000 series
* Conducting a programme of continuous improvement in support of the Quality Management System
* Monitoring quality performance indicators and information relating to quality-related activities and communicate as appropriate to the respective stakeholders
* Evaluating tender responses including the identification of quality-related risks and shortcomings.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will have Quality Assurance experience in an engineering context, or experience from within another relevant environment (e.g., in manufacturing processes, a technical environment, internal quality management and/or auditing)
* You will hold a relevant HNC (i.e., Level 4 or higher) qualification in an engineering, quality or science-based subject, or have the equivalent in experience
* You will have demonstrable experience of managing and influencing stakeholders
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Application of Analytical Techniques
* Technical Risk Management
* Communicating and influencing
* Making effective decisions
What's in it for you?
We're exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Selection process details
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift – We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift – Your CV will be assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
3. Interview – If you are invited to interview, you will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
nationals of the Republic of Ireland
nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the EUSS
relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals