Location: Heathrow Airport
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Heathrow Q6 Project
Our Q6 framework spans from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
* Carrying out internal and external quality audits.
* Carrying out site inspections to make sure works comply with quality, regulatory and employer’s requirements while preparing reports with a high standard and recording Non conformities and snags.
* Oversee site inspections and tests to ensure they are carried out in line with the inspection and test plans and all documentation is produced in a timely manner.
* Oversee the works of subcontracted laboratories to ensure it is carried out according to the standards, in a timely manner and raise any nonconformances detected to the quality advisor/manager.
* Ensuring the Project(s) quality management plan is fully and correctly implemented.
* Ensuring project NCRs are raised and tracked/progressed by Initiators, ensuring corrective actions are taken and NCRs are closed.
* Ensuring the delivery of necessary quality paperwork required for each type of works.
* Ensuring ensure that Material Approval Procedure is followed by the Site Team,
* Promoting a right first time /continuous improvement culture across site team,
* Assisting the Quality Manager and coordinate the commissioning process for M&E works,
* Assisting Handover Manager in handover process and act as Compiler and Reviewer and Tracker of inspection and testing documentation, and handover documents required for progressive handover.
* Digitizing quality processes in the Common Data Environments.
* Performing Quality Inductions, Workshop, Quality Circles, Lessons learnt implementation and workshops, Briefings and / or other relevant forums and events to ensure the compliance of the QA/QC management plan.
* Maintaining Quality Registers.
* Maintaining Calibration Registers.
* Assist the quality manager in his duties.
Key Skills, Experience and qualifications
* Experience in building relationships with external parties
* Significant construction technology knowledge and experience
* A highly capable construction problem solver
* Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
* Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels within Ferrovial
* Computer literate
* CSCS card
* ISO 9001
* Quality Management Systems, Civils, Mechanical and/or Electrical technical specifications and testing standards, calibration, construction materials, good command of Office software, construction laboratory.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to applyApply now