CommScope is a global innovator in broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win…and that drives everything we do.
Learn more about the general tasks related to this opportunity below, as well as required skills.
How You’ll Help Us Connect The World
The Staff QA Engineer will work very closely with local software team and global SQA team to qualify world class IP and DVB Set Top Boxes, enabling service providers and operators to offer subscribers choice for in-home video experience, broadcast TV, video on demand, home media networking etc. As a Staff QA engineer in software quality assurance (SQA) team in home networks, you will work with a variety of technologies and products. As a software quality owner, you will analyse technical requirements, design tests, perform verification and identify SW issues. You will also create SW release test plans, ensuring that the test plan is executed, and the product is thoroughly tested according to technical requirements before release. You will be involved in crafting procedures and automated tests to ensure that our products consistently meet the required performance and scalability goals. The candidate should be a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of software testing.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or a similar subject area or equivalent professional experience
You Will Excite Us If You Have
- Solid understanding in Video and STB domain and testing experience on IPTV, OTT solutions
- Testing experience in Video Domain IPTV, OTT, EPG, Content Management, Subscription Management, DRM, STB, Content Delivery network
- Video streaming Technologies: ABR, HLS, Smooth Streaming, DASH
- Experience testing MPEG Audio, AAC/HE-AAC, AC3/AC3+ and MPEG-2, H.264, HEVC, HDR
- Technical hands -on knowledge in one or more of the following areas Python, Java script, Unix/Linux shell script and/or Perl
- Experience in software testing of various aspects of the software including functional test, stress test, and industry standard conformance test and running performance, stability tests and system integration test
- Experience technical requirement analysis and review and design test case for requirement coverage
- Strong written and verbal communications internally with colleagues and externally with customers
It’s not very often you get a chance to connect with something extraordinary.
In this “always-on” world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do. Driven by a collective sense of integrity, we are on a quest to ensure our lives, homes, and businesses are empowered by the world’s most advanced networks.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Here, you will find a collaborative culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness. Come connect to your future.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit careers.commscope.com/eeo.