Production Unit Leader – Site Manager
We are working with a Chemical Manufacturer with an established reputation within their specific market. Due to ongoing success there have been some organisational changes and they are now looking for an experienced Production Unit Leader to join the business.
Make sure to apply with all the requested information, as laid out in the job overview below.
This role will report directly into the CEO of the business, and have full management responsibility from a people, production and operations perspective. This would suit a Plant Manager, General Manager or Site Manager who possesses the above management experience.
Responsibilities will include
- Achieving the production targets, defined on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis, in alignment with the overall site strategy
- Being responsible for short-, mid-, and long-term planning; both PPC and personal objectives, CAPEX,as well as maintenance and shutdown / start-up activities
- Leading, managing, and developing the Shift Supervisors / Operation Team Leaders as direct reports
- Setting and controlling budget for own area of the business
- Overseeing human resource management activities for the PPC and providing support to safely achieve business goals and role model Company values on all activities undertaken
- Managing the PPC-dedicated support functions, e.g. the plant engineer and the respective interfaces to other departments to ensure maximum knowledge exchange
- Aligning proactively and exchanging relevant information with the support functionsto enable an efficient site-wide use of resources
- Being responsible for delivering operational compliance in alignment with QHSE, e.g. ensuring that the respective tasks of the Major Accident Prevention Plan (MAPP) are successfully conducted by the PPC staff
- Managing, monitoring and continuously improving upon manufacturing plant performance key standards including safety & environment, cost & delivery on time, plant reliability, product and effluent quality, raw material and utility consumption, and plant cycle times
- Being proactively supportive to new approaches of Operational Excellence topics and Continuous Improvement technologies
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Process Engineering or similar
- Proven track record in successful leadership
- COMAH Site management experience
- Experience of Six Sigma and LEAN Techniques
The company are looking to pay a competitive overall package inclusive of a bonus scheme, pension, flexible working and further benefits.