The Sofidel Group
The Sofidel Group is one of the leading manufacturers of paper for hygienic and domestic use worldwide. Established in 1966, the Group has subsidiaries in 13 countries – Italy, Spain, the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, Greece, Romania and the USA – with more than 6,000 employees, net sales of 2,095 million Euros (2021) and a production capacity of over one million tonnes per year (1,440,000 tonnes in 2021). “Regina”, its most well-known brand, is present on almost all the reference markets. Other brands include: Softis, Le Trèfle, Sopalin, KittenSoft, Nalys, Cosynel, Lycke, Nicky, Papernet. A member of the UN Global Compact and the international WWF Climate Savers programme, the Sofidel Group considers sustainability a strategic factor with regards to growth and is committed to reducing its impact on natural capital and maximising social benefits, setting as objective the creation of shared added value for all stakeholders. Sofidel’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction targets to 2030 have been approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) as consistent with reductions required to keep warming to well-below 2°C, in line with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Sofidel UK are lookin to recruit a Procurement Assistant to join the team in Baglan. The main purpose of the role is to manage and execute the raw and auxiliary materials procurement process for the referent Plant in accordance with the master agreements and the Group’s guidelines and procedures.
This role is an entry level position and would suit someone keen to get into procurement especially within a manufacturing setting. You will be working Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.
* Procures raw and auxiliary materials, taking into account: the PM/CNV production plan; stock levels; warehouse balance; master agreements conditions, pursuing the aims assigned to the plant in relation to service level and stock level.
* Manages relationships with raw materials suppliers in terms of delivery times and quantities
* Discusses the production plan feasibility with PM/CNV Planner in relation to raw materials availability
* Liaises with the Purchase Office, highlighting promptly any problem detected with suppliers
* Liaises with the local Transport Office for the daily operations
* Coordinates the inventory activity of relevant products
* Guarantees the correct management of the relevant processes in accordance with the group policies and procedures
* Promotes a safety-bound corporate culture
* Applies the Corporate Principles and Values
What we offer
* Excellent starting salary
* 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays starting
* 6% pension
* Retail/Gym/Holiday discounts
* Plus much more