Print, Archive and Post Room Assistant
Squire Patton Boggs has an exciting new opportunity for a Post, Archive and Print Room Assistant to join their team!
Candidates should take the time to read all the elements of this job advert carefully Please make your application promptly.
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Squire Patton Boggs is one of the world’s strongest integrated law firms, committed to providing insight at the point where law, business and government meet. We deliver commercially focused business solutions by combining our legal, lobbying and political capabilities and invaluable connections on the ground to a diverse mix of clients. More than 1,500 lawyers in 45 offices across 20 countries on five continents. In the UK, we have offices in Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and London.
Our Leeds Business Operations Document Services team currently consists of 4 Business Operations Assistants and a Team Leader, reporting into the Facilities Manager. This forms part of the wider Business Operations team including Facilities.
Print, Archive and Post Room Assistant – The Role
This role will focus on reprographics, post room and archiving work. The role will also be to support the wider Business Operations team in carrying out other general office duties such as setting up meeting rooms a required, office and desk moves and monthly floor inspections. From time to time there may be changes in service requirements or ad hoc project work to assist on. Remote assistance to other offices will be provided as and when required.
Print, Archive and Post Room Assistant – Key Responsibilities
- You will deal with incoming requests from clients via UK Office Services (request system for Business Operations requirements) within agreed timescales
- The role will include sorting post to all members of the firm, including regular internal deliveries and collections from all departments
- You will arrange for items of mail to be sent via various methods, advising the sender on the most cost effective method and ensure that Finance receive accurate and timely data on chargeable deliveries
- You will sort outgoing mail into Royal Mail and DX services, preparing bulk DX bags and frank outgoing mail
- Printing, scanning and photocopying documents is required, as well as binding and finishing documents
- You will ensure any work sent out for external completion is collected by providers and returned on time and produced to a high quality to meet expectations and manage timelines for internal clients
- Assisting with ordering consumables and completing meter readings as well as maintenance of photocopying and associated equipment
- You will manage the processing, delivery and receipt for all incoming/outbound files and deeds to the office, ensuring any urgent requests are delivered in accordance with the contract as well as maintaining all records associated with the archive process
- You will provide advice and assistance to clients in relation to searches and retrievals and archive processes, ensuring clear communication and compliance
- Auditing the recording system to ensure deeds are logged in/out and held correctly
- You will perform physical audits of deeds in offices against the records on the system and maintain records of the audits and actions taken from them as well as completing reports and audit procedures
- You will also train new starters on the archive procedures and use of the electronic ordering and management systems as well as managing the leaver process for deeds and file reallocation or storage
Print, Archive and Post Room Assistant – You
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a mail, reprographics and archiving role. Experience in a professional office environment is preferred. You will need to be a team player who enjoys collaborating with and supporting other members of the team. You must be able to communicate effectively at all levels and have the ability to listen and interpret instructions.
Taking pride in your work and understanding the need for quality and attention to detail as well as a professional manner are important. A client focused ‘can-do’ approach to tasks, with an ability to use your own initiative to ensure delivery is key. You will need to be flexible and willing to work overtime if required and a reliable team member. Good IT skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft packages (especially Outlook) and comfortable learning new systems is required.
To submit your application for this exciting Print, Archive and Post Room Assistant opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
We are an inclusive employer and aim to ensure our workforce is representative of our diverse society. We will make reasonable adjustments and adaptions to our recruitment process to ensure it is inclusive for anyone who wishes to apply. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.