Principal Technical Support Engineer
CommScope is a global innovator in broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win…and that drives everything we do.
Find out exactly what skills, experience, and qualifications you will need to succeed in this role before applying below.
How You’ll Help Us Connect The World
The Principal Technical Support Engineer (TSE) takes ownership of customer reported network issues in order to provide assistance to quickly restore service and provide problem resolution. Principal TSEs are also responsible for reproducing customer reported issues in a lab environment and working with engineering on new and existing defects. As a Principal TSE, main responsibility is to provide technical assistance to Ruckus Premium accounts.
- Any support-related or technology-related qualifications are desirable but not crucial
You Will Excite Us If You Have
- Experience working in the networking space
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability, including formal presentation skills to customers, partners, Ruckus accounts and support teams
- Solid understanding and applied knowledge of TCP/IP, L3 routing, L2 switching, Multicast, firewalls, QOS
- Troubleshooting skills with wireless technologies 802.11x, WLAN authentication, encryption, EAP, PSK, Radius, AAA, DNS
- Expertise of wireless deployments – AP’s, Controllers, Client associations, etc
- Experience providing support to direct customers, resellers, and field personnel in resolving company product related issues
- Proficient with analysing data traces from protocol analysers such as Wireshark
- Bachelor or diploma in a computer related field or equivalent work experience
It’s not very often you get a chance to connect with something extraordinary.
In this “always-on” world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do. Driven by a collective sense of integrity, we are on a quest to ensure our lives, homes, and businesses are empowered by the world’s most advanced networks.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Here, you will find a collaborative culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness. Come connect to your future.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit careers.commscope.com/eeo.