As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we’re driving change and innovation in the industry – championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you’re talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you’re exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
Our global Group Audit function is business-focussed, risk-based and operates with openness, integrity and responsibility. Our profile in Deutsche Bank is high, and our top priority is to grow our team globally enabling us to deliver against the objectives of the bank. This is a team where your ideas will make a rapid impact, and your achievements will never go unrecognised as we continue to strengthen our industry-leading audit methodology and state-of-the-art in-house audit system.
We are a team of over 500 Business and IT Audit specialists, operating from New York, London, Frankfurt, Singapore and 25 other countries across the globe. Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate, network and share knowledge with intelligent colleagues and specialists around the world.
Our vision is to be a strategic challenger to senior management. We believe in the partnership model, focussed on evolving our role as an independent, fair and fully effective function. Challenging and improving operating models for non-financial risk management. We adhere to ‘The Three Lines of Defence’ programme, designed to strengthen our internal controls framework across the whole bank, while managing increasing regulatory expectations. It forms a central part of our commitment for cultural change. Group Audit is the third line of defence assuring the effectiveness of our controls.
- Executing day-to-day operational audit work and contributes to the delivery of audits (including risk assessment profiles and business monitoring)
- Implementing dynamic planning through business monitoring
- Planinng audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifies risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attends meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required
- Leading a team on individual assignments
- Drafting high quality audit reports for review by audit management, facilitateing issue tracking, validating the closure of issues and approving closure of Important issues
- Executing audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting Activity Flows, identification of key risks, testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards
- Partnering with other divisional/teams during audit engagement to guarantee an integrated approach
- Reviewing and providing expert opinions on action plans provided by clients, helping them develop robust remediation plans
- Completing all assigned audit work in line with agreed budgets, including ad hoc projects and special investigations
- Acting as a competent partner and challenger to clients in the closure process of findings
- Presenting complex and sensitive messages (such as audit issues) comprehensively, professionally and reducing complex topics to simple statements
- Participating in exit meetings as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Sound audit/business knowledge and experience and an understanding of the risks and regulatory requirements in one or more of the following business/functional areas: Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Retail & Corporate Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, Business Services (operations), Risk, Legal & Compliance, Finance and Information Technology
- International experience, coupled with a familiarity of working within the operational requirements of a global bank. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and is able to understand and evaluate risk
- Good understanding of global banking control environment and compliance issues in the banking/finance industry
- Strong communication skills, communicating with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and structured approach. Fluent in English (written and verbal) and local languages if necessary
- Strong relationship management, analytical, problem solving, communication, influencing, planning and presentation skills
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.Make sure to apply quickly in order to maximise your chances of being considered for an interview Read the complete job description below.We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.Please visit https://cr/en/our-people/diversity–management.htm to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.