This role is perfect for a highly organised and hard-working individual looking to join a small team working in the Education sector. The job requires the candidate to be experienced with working in a customer facing role and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The role is rather broad and offers the opportunity to develop a large skill set, however customer service via email and over the phone, management of customer accounts, order processing and office administration are the core requirements for the role.
The role is a full-time permanent contract subject to completion of a 3-month probation period.
ScienceScope is a leading international EdTech, (Education Technology), company working with schools, businesses, and academic institutions across the world. We conduct multiple international research and development projects funded by Innovate UK and other awarding organisations, whilst interacting and supplying schools in UK and abroad with Science and Technology equipment and resources to be used in the classroom.
We work in the heart of education, with our office being based at a local school we work closely with the teachers and pupils to help improve our technology and make it relevant to the classroom setting. We are a small team of colleagues which enables a close working relationship across all levels with the candidate reporting to the business’ CEO.
Is this the role you are looking for If so read on for more details, and make sure to apply today.
- 2+ years’ experience working in an office setting
- Experience of managing customer accounts
- Proven track record of customer care and management of customer enquiries via email and over the phone
- Experience of general office administrative duties, including computer and paper file management, providing administrative support to colleagues, preparing documents and reports, and coordinating office activities
- Basic bookkeeping
- Experience of processing customer orders
- Stock management experience
- Shipping products domestically and international including to the EU
- Experience of maintaining websites. WordPress
- Any marketing experience, social, direct email would be useful
- Adobe Photoshop experience
- Product imagery
- Social media marketing experience
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent Microsoft Office abilities. Excel, Word and Outlook
- A good work ethic – hard working with a desire to learn new skills and take responsibility
- An exceptional communicator – verbal and written
- Strong team working skills – ability to work collaboratively to a common goal
- Good time management and organisation – ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Right to work in the UK
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS check and child protection training due to our office being based on a school’s premises
As previously stated, we are a small team which offers the opportunity for the candidate to broaden their skill set. Opportunities include:
- Photoshop training
- Website maintenance and development training
- Brexit import and export shipping training
Salary and Benefits
- Salary of £20,000 – £23,000 per annum, depending upon skills and experience
- Pension scheme with 3% employer contributions
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours and remote working options
We work a 37.5 hour week Monday-Friday. We have a flexible working policy which means you can adapt your hours to suit, subject approval and working requirements.
Place of Work
We have all been working from home where possible throughout the pandemic, but we hope to gradually reopen the office over the coming months. Once all restrictions are lifted, we intend to continue a hybrid working solution, offering our staff flexibility of office and home working.
Ideally 26th July 2021. Can be discussed with the successful candidate.
How to Apply
- To apply for this vacancy please send a copy of your CV to with a covering letter explaining why you think you are a right fit for the vacancy. (Covering letter max 500 words)