Come and grow with us and be part of something great!
We are looking for an experienced NPD Technologist to work with the Commercial team to manage and optimize the development of new food ranges, ideas and concepts with adherence to the NPD process.
Role: NPD Technologist
Working hours: Full-Time – Monday to Friday 8:30-5pm
Agrial Fresh Produce Wigan produces ready to eat bagged salads and is one of three UK food manufacturing factories who are owned by the French co-operative group Agrial. Agrial has operations across 18 regions with 280 farming outlets and it’s not just about lettuce!
As well as the 3 factories we also have a farming operation – Agrial Fresh Farms. All UK sites operate under the name of Agrial Fresh Produce Limited and fall under Agrial’s vegetable division. The business is more recognisable in the UK by its Florette salad brand, and we are now one of the UK’s leading producers in the industry. We have a recipe for success through our EPIC values and working together as one team.
We have had an onsite permanent Occupational Health service for over 10 years and value the expertise, support and care it provides to our colleagues. The role works alongside the HR team and an onsite physio service.
* Follow QMS new product design and development procedure, ensuring each project is run efficiently in line with the critical path, completing the required paperwork.
* Key customer contact for all NPD and EPD.
* Leading and managing the weekly site NPD meeting issuing minutes which cover all actions required by all department involved. Also, lead the site benchmarking sessions.
* Review customer product ranges for potential products and shelf-life improvement recommendations.
* Working closely with commercial team and marketing category team to develop products and customer insight for customer briefs and presentations.
* Responsible for the artwork process (in conjunction with technical team) from cutter guides through to labels and film arriving on site.
* Monitor products after launching following post launch review procedure after launch using sales, quality, and factory feedback.
* GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
* Basic Food Hygiene.
Knowledge & Experience
* 1 year experience of supervising a team within Food Manufacturing.
* To be quality focussed and understand the need for ‘achieving right first time’ principles.
* To have good knowledge of packaging materials covering CSR and product functionalities.
* Experience of presenting and managing customers.
What can we offer you?
A competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, life assurance and a range of employee benefits you’d expect from a market leading business, including 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) & increasing to 35 days after 5 years’ service.
Putting health at the heart of everything we do
Join our team and enjoy a great work-life balance, competitive salary package and a range of training and development opportunities to help you take the next steps in your career.
If you think this is the right opportunity for you, please send your CV and we will be in touchApply now