Mid Backend Engineer (TypeScript)
WonderBill is changing how people manage their bills by putting them all in one place.
Do not wait to apply after reading this description a high application volume is expected for this opportunity.
We connect directly to over a hundred household utility and service providers.
We collect all our customer’s bills to give them a clear understanding of what they spend and help them to save money by switching to cheaper servicesWe have big plans for 2021 and need talented engineers to help us deliver on our ambitious roadmap and take the lead in a market that has yet to be addressed.
We have offices in London at Covent Garden and Manchester at Spinningfields.
We’re 40 strong today and have plans to grow our engineering team across both of our locations.We’re a customer focused bunch with tonnes of ideas to help you manage your day to day expenses.
We’re looking for big thinkers and big doers to help implement our new services that include open banking and live chat integration.
*About the role:
*We’re looking for a Backend Engineer who wants to build an amazing and scalable platform.
You’ll be working in a small, agile team focused on architecting and building our platform for both scale and experimentation.If you’re looking for ways to get creative in your next challenge then look no further, we’re built on our great ideas, teams and customers.
We are backed by Shell’s New Energies division
- home to numerous startups and bigger businesses including household utilities, renewable energy and electric vehicle charging
- Our Technology:
- We believe in picking the right tools for the job so our stack includes (but is not limited to): TypeScript, Node, AWS, Serverless framework, Docker & Kubernetes, Postgres, Terraform.We also believe that automated-testing, pair-programming and peer-reviewed code are the bare minimum required to deliver good software and are always looking for ways to improve how we build software
- About You:
- You like building things (and fixing things that aren’t quite right)
- You know how to code, but that doesn’t mean that’s all you know
- you’re product-passionate and used to working in a product-driven environment
- You’re brave
You thrive in an environment that encourages taking calculated risks, owning the times you’ve lost and celebrating the times you’ve won.
* You’re willing to learn.
We don’t just hire people who ‘know it all already’ we hire team players who will admit they don’t know and commit to learning.
Simple as that
- Essential Experience:
- 3+ years experience writing software in a team
- Delivering large well-defined tasks and solving small scope not-well-defined problems
- Breaking down large problems into smaller deliverables
- Building software as part of a highly functional product team
- Experience building resilient data ingestion or automation platforms (e.g
scraping and/or API integrations)
- Experience producing technical designs with consideration for scalability and security
- Experience working with multiple general purpose databases and performance optimisation
- Practical experience writing high quality tests (unit/integration/e2e)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines: You currently work in an environment where engineers are responsible for deploying their code to production & You practice “infrastructure as code”
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and experience working closely with product teams
- Experience of working in an objective-driven environment
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience of AWS services (Lambda, ECS, SQS, EventBridge, DynamoDB, etc)
- Experience with frontend and mobile technologies such as React and React Native, Redux and GraphQL
- Experience building a SaaS product within a startup environment
- Hands on experience with browser automation tools such as Puppeteer, Cypress or Selenium
- Familiar with complex asynchronous messaging flows and application of such flows within distributed systems-
- 30 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Linkedin Learning
- Bonus Scheme
- Screening call
- Engineering team call
- Tech take home
- HR interview