MEP Site Agent
MEP Site Agent
Location: Heathrow Airport
About Ferrovial Construction:
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Ferrovial Construction has been working at Heathrow Airport for over 10 years delivering some of the most complex infrastructure projects to high quality, safety and environmental standards. We have focused on design and build projects with a mix of contractual arrangements. This has enabled us to refine our management procedures in response to Heathrow’s Employers Requirements and Ferrovial Construction own internal management systems.
The Site Agent will be responsible for the management of the construction site in order to achieve required project delivery to the customers’ objectives, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control.
They will deliver multiple on-going projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance.
The post-holder will work closely with the Project manager, Commercial Department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
* Site Management.Ensure the commercial performance of the contract is maximised
* Assume responsibility for delivering projects successfully
* Deliver the work safely and without environmental incidents
* Deliver the work to the specified quality without defects
* Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, management plans, in line with Company procedures
* Produce procurement schedules and liaise with the procurement department to ensure sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks.Client interface and stakeholders management.
* Deliver end product to customer satisfaction
* Cost control.Maximise project value
* Ensure detailed site diaries/records are completed
* Maintain commercial tension to drive out cost and challenge the status quo
* Endeavour to spot and highlight value engineering opportunities.Reporting
* Produce good quality, accurate reports monthly for the Client and internally.Chair weekly site meetings in line with Company procedures
Key skills and experience
* Successful experience at a management engineering level in construction (on site) specifically in MEP packages and/or utilities
* Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge
* Experience of working in a cost-conscious environment
* Good people management experience
* Experience in managing subcontractors
* Experience in stakeholder’s management (client)
* Relationship building with external parties is a critical requirement
* Significant MEP technology knowledge with significant previous experience
* A highly capable construction problem solver
* Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels.
* Computer literacy advance
* CSCS card
* Airport experience/ critical areas experience
* Experience of working in an international organization
* Experience in stakeholder’s management (Key stakeholders apart from client)
* Member of an MEP institution or equivalent
* Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience
* Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable dutiesApply now