Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. In this "always-on" world, we believe it is important to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world’s most sophisticated networks – the connectivity we create. Our experienced employees are rethinking the purpose, role and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From sports arenas to state-of-the-art data centers – we provide opportunities where you can innovate and create, while growing and developing your career. Come connect to your future.
A variety of soft skills and experience may be required for the following role Please ensure you check the overview below carefully.
Due to increased customer demand, CommScope has an open position for a Mechanical Engineer based in Kirkcaldy, Fife. You will work with our dedicated engineering team to deliver first class products within our Microwave and Metrocell product lines.
How You Will Help Us Connect The World
- You will plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria
- Responsible for the overall mechanical structural design of new and existing RF products
- Meeting project cost and development timelines
- Demonstrates an innovative, dynamic hands on approach to problem solving and be able to designs through product qualification to manufacture
- Provide technical support to our Production, Quality and Product Line departments
- Acting as a key member/ technical leader within a project team with responsibility for coordinating the work of drafters, technicians and other personnel
Required Qualifications For Consideration
- Degree qualified
- 4 years+ working experience in mechanical design
- Familiar with SAP and 3D software (such as Solidworks and AutoCAD)
- Knowledge of structural and thermal analysis ideally using Ansys products
- Ability to travel as required
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire.
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we’re always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit https://careers.commscope.com/eeo.