This is where you save and sustain lives
Please make an application promptly if you are a good match for this role due to high levels of interest.
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Baxter Thetford are looking for a Maintenance Engineer with automation and controls experience to work on a wide variety of automation projects, pre-existing system improvements and supporting the manufacturing process through routine and corrective maintenance. The candidate will help maintain and support PLC, HMI and Robotic based controlled systems with also the ability and knowledge to understand and work on electrical/mechanical aspects of the system.
The candidate is required to be multi skilled (electrical & mechanical), resourceful, highly organised, a great communicator with excellent computer skills. They will be expected to identify and implement value improvement opportunities playing an important role as a key technical resource in a high volume, highly regulated, healthcare operation.
This role is based on a Panama style 4-shift working rota in line with the active manufacturing process hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on automation and control based projects
- Provide technical expertise to support project team on delivering automation projects
- Take active role in key process improvement projects, through self-identification and in conjunction with VIP team
- Allow flexibility in order to deliver projects and support the rest of the maintenance team where required
- Support the manufacturing process with breakdowns, fault finding and assisting other engineers in root cause identification
- Minimum HND or equivalent in electrical/mechanical, electronic or control systems engineering
- High degree of competency in PLC, HMI & Robotic operation (Allen Bradley/Siemens/Mitsubishi)
- Experience with electrical schematics wiring and circuitry
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Automation and Controls based role
- Good level of electrical and mechanical knowledge and understanding in a manufacturing environment
- Multiskilled discipline (Electrical & Mechanical)
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Experience of working in a validated & Regulated environment
- High level of computer skills, generic and software specific to the role
- Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.