Live in carer
Live in carer – nationwide opportunities
Do you have the right skills and experience for this role? Read on to find out, and make your application.
£90-£115 per day
Helping people live the best life they can at home isn’t just work, it’s life changing work. For older people, or those with life-limiting conditions, there’s nowhere better to live than in the comfort of their own home. Surrounded by their memories and supported by a live-in carer, every single client gets to live their very best life, in the place they love the most.
We are The Good Care Group, a leading provider of live-in care services in England and Scotland. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Joining us as a live in care assistant means you will receive the very best in training and support from a team who are here for you 24/7, looking after you so that you can make a real difference to others. We offer a variety of rota patterns, so that if you are looking to work full time or part time work we will have an option that suits you.
For our carers, live-in care means that they only work in one household. Looking after one client or at times a couple. Our carers are, in effect, isolating themselves with their clients for the duration of their rotas, thereby minimising their exposure to COVID-19.
If you have experience of providing care in a professional capacity as a care assistant, live in carer or similar, we’d love to hear from you.
Why there’s nowhere better
- Live-in care roles to suit your level of experience
- 5 days’ training before your first placement
- 24/7/365 support from our central team
- A dedicated care manager who knows you and your client
- UK travel expenses covered whilst in placement
- We pay according to your skills and experience, not based on the client you work with
Your role will include
- Managing medical conditions such as dementia, stroke and incontinence
- Moving and handling
- Cooking, cleaning and ensuring the smooth running of the house
- As a Professional carer you will have Key Worker status
We’re looking for
- A minimum 6 months’ professional care experience in any care setting, such as live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker, healthcare assistant or similar
- A driver’s licence is an advantage but not a requirement, we have clients who live in areas where driving is an advantage. The client provides the car and the insurance, for you to be able to drive you and your client for the occasional trip out and about or to go shopåping
- You must be flexible to travel to your client placement (UK travel expenses covered)
Our people are the reason we are able to deliver the very highest standards of care. We’re the only dedicated live-in care provider to receive an “Outstanding” rating in all 5 categories by the CQC in England; and a rating of “Excellent” for care and support by the Care Inspectorate in Scotland.