Listed Derivatives Oversight Analyst
Client Facing Middle Office main responsibilities and tasks:
• First point of contact for clients regarding all operational queries for Listed Derivatives and FX activity. This includes but is not limited to queries on trades and position management, client reporting, commissions and fees, regulatory topics and any ad-hoc queries that may arise in the course of client’s activity with SG
• Monitor and communicate with clients all trade life cycle events, e.g. allocations, breaks, transfers, expiry/market intentions until resolution.
• Co-ordinate upcoming expiries with clients to ensure full client intentions are known leading up to expiry, and then managing the delivery process in conjunction with the physical deliveries team
• Proactively keep track of physically delivered products at expiration; liaise with Deliveries teams to ensure positions are accurately reported at the CCP.
• Manage client queries pertaining to trade life cycle and position reporting
• As the operational point of contact for clients and the face of SG to the client in most instances, ultimate responsibility for the satisfaction and perception the client has of SG operations
• Control client booking in relevant product databases versus external clearing houses/systems
• Monitor of key end of day controls to ensure that all risk are managed for that days activity and that items are either resolved or pose no risk. If risk exists to escalate as required
These end of day controls will include
– All client allocations received and processed
– Review of what is left in suspense accounts
– Aged and SG executed trade breaks
• Fully understand booking rules and their impact on risk to firm during trade lifecycle
• Post-execution allocation of all listed derivative transactions
• Proactively contact Brokerage Desks / Trading Assistants / Client Trade Support groups throughout the day to ensure bunched order allocations are received prior to the clearing house cut-off times
• Monitor & accept give-in trades from other FCM’s for clearing accounts
• Ensure the end-of-day accuracy and consistency of positions and valuations across all listed markets.
• Preform client check outs to reduce T+N impact. As needed follow up with internal and external counterparties to resolve issues on topday rather than T+1
• Maintain accurate static data between clearing systems to allow straight-through-processing
• Develop action plans for recurring incidents, prepare post-mortems as required
• Identify / analyse / rectify issues related to the flow of information and data into the relevant systems
• Alert Market Specialists of recurring allocation / booking issues which result from mapping or clearing system set-ups.
• Identify and resolve daily trade breaks and escalate as needed.
• Process transfers and LME novation’s ensuring all approvals have been received and exchange requirements have been followed
• Responsible for operational client onboarding including introducing the client to the operational process (including reporting and the portal), and completing of onboarding checklist to ensure the clients are securely onboarded in all systems
• Continuous interaction with clients to improve their experience with SG, partnering with clients on process improvements (SG and client side) and automations where possible
• Understand all standard client reporting and the ability to extract and schedule these.
• Full understanding of the client reporting portal Pulse, able to navigate the portal and onboard clients to the portal where necessary
• Interact and support the SG front office through participation in forums such as business committees, client onboarding discussions and ongoing client profitability analysis
• Perform internal controls (GPS and Morse) in order to manage the key risk areas identified with specific checks created
• Continuous monitoring of key KPI to ensure that risks are being controlled appropriately and that trends are identified and worked on (market, client or process specific trends)
• Monitor operational risks (e.g. exceptions follow-up, pending trades, top day/historical). Ensure key risk items have been tracked, monitored and resolved daily.
• To participate in (or lead where applicable) any projects that impact the ETD product to either improve performance/efficiency, improve the service to clients or meet regulatory obligations
• Participate in Global and Regional communities to share best practices
Communication and people skills
Organizational and interpersonal skills
Job Title: Listed Derivatives Oversight Analyst
Location: London, UK
Rate/Salary: 500.00 – 500.00 GBP Daily
Job Type: Contract
Trading as Aston Carter. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. (phone number removed). Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Aston Carter is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as “Allegis Group”). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://(url removed)/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://(url removed)/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the “Contacting Us” section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://(url removed)/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy ShieldApply now